***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Does anyone know on average how many people they admit for spring? And if those are within the 8,500 acceptances they said on instagram?

@broadwayy98 I heard it’s like 500 for spring? I’m sure someone else knows better…

@synthex123 I heard it’s noon.

Does anyone know if we are getting the mailed decision or the online one first ? (Also, I assume that international students will get their mailed decisions later, right ?)

FYI… UVa decisions are out. My daughter, like her older sister, was rejected. I see a pattern here lol Both UVa and Northwestern rejected both. Oh well… onward to Saturday’s decision…

Oops, sorry. Yes it’s FB. And sorry, @WWWard about the UVa and NU decisions. OTOH, we hope we are seeing a trend that might follow her sister to USC? Very hard to wait these last days. I remember feeling it was even harder with kiddo #2 because by that time we really knew a lot about USC and loved it. But there are so many great schools (and opportunities to come in the future) that we gotta stay open.

does anyone know how the iovine and young academy will notify students??

@noxcen @rmh2017 chug twice!!! Scroll upthread before you ask questions please :slight_smile: they have been answered at least ten times

I live in Massachusetts, so will something come in the mail first or should i just expect to check the portal on the 26th?

I think MA should get it by the 25

Thanks, @madbean True… my older daughter was 5 & 12, but USC was one of the 5. This cycle, she is 4 & 2 so far, but I suspect many more rejections are coming her way. It is a strange dynamic for a 17 year old who has only had one B in her academic life thus far, scores in the 98th percentile, etc. to face the reality of rejection from so many colleges. But that is what this competitive dynamic has yielded. And if you reach for the stars or great heights… i.e. the most elite of colleges, where 80-95% are routinely rejected, facing rejection yourself comes with that struggle. But she could go 1 & 8 from this point onward and be perfectly content… if the 1 is USC :slight_smile:

@filmstudent2 I googled it and it looks like they accept 400-500 for spring semester and use this in lieu of a wait list

So what are we supposed to do in place of attending during the fall semester if we are admitted to the spring semester? Gap year? Community College? Any ideas?

@IBsleeping I read on the USC admissions blog that people often go to community college, work, or just take the time off.

@madbean Actually, make that 5 & 2 now, as she just got admitted to Emory.

@synthex123 12:30 am Sunday morning/Saturday night.

@filmstudent2 Chug indeed. Nice having you at the bar.

Can someone please explain what the difference between normal loans and student loans?

Assuming you’re able to get enough credits to graduate with the rest of the class of 2021 as a spring admit, are there any negatives? Less financial aid, less available housing?

Hey guys, I live in Phildelphia… Will I get it by Saturday or do I have to check the portal?

Check the usps link and put in USC’s zip code

@gma727 Philly should arrive Saturday