***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Figured I would start this thread since merit scholarships deadline is Dec 1. How far are you into your app?

Hi!
Just found out about the 2 extra essays on the bottom about my online patterns and collaboration.
They’re the only things left thankfully!
Best of luck to everyone!
I’m an international applicant to viterbi

“USC’s admissions are holistic, which means the committee will look at all aspects of the application, paying particular attention to essays, LoRs, and activities and accomplishments outside the classroom as they look to build a class that fits the institution’s needs. That includes their need for diversity, geographic breadth, top talent for the arts majors, athletes, innovators, and leaders.”

Does this mean being actively involved in a community (community service) and internships/experiences in one’s intended major have a significant role in one’s app?

@Littlebitanxious I was thinking of applying to Viterbi, but it’s just too competitive…

Guys please help. I’m applying by 12/1 but I just sent my ACT score report today. If they receive it a few days after 12/1 will they still consider my application? I’m freaking out :frowning:

@wormholes you might want to mail them and find out.
However for the most part you have no reason to worry as the application deadline is December 1. They usually have material receipt extended deadlines!
Best of luck!

@WycleafJean yes I kno man!
Viterbi is a huge reach (as it is for almost anyone)

@Littlebitanxious ahh ok I’ll call them today and find out. Do you know how long act scores take to send usually? Does USC receive them electronically ?

@wormholes I have yet to send my transcript and SAT scores. Im pretty sure, you can send them once you submit your application because they won’t read apps till after the first two weeks of December.

Hi! I submitted my app yesterday and I’m applying to Dornsife with 1st choice sociology and 2nd choice NGOs and social change. How about you?

Congrats on finishing your app! I’m applying to dornsife with 1st choice neuroscience and 2nd choice biological sciences. I’m still having trouble with the 1st prompt where we get to pick out of 3. I have a few drafts for each but nothing I’m ready to send in. Which prompt did you choose?

Hello!

I just applied as well to USC and wanted to find out if I had to submit the CSS profile for financial aid by December 1st for merit scholarship consideration. Does anyone know if I have to do it by December 1st or can do it by the regular decision deadline?

Hi! I am applying to Dornsife with first choice chem major second choice is biochem!

@camillepowers for those… I chose the one about new perspectives!

Also, I would love to hear what everyone said in their quick takes because I know i had a lot of fun with those… .maybe after the jan 1 deadline we can all post our quicktakes!

@chimley i think I’m going to stick with that one, but it has a little bit to do with political perspectives. I tried staying as objective as possible and i think i succeeded, but do you think thats dangerous?

No! I think that that is amazing!!! It will show so much maturity that you are able to objectively talk about such a hot-button topic! As long as you aren’t on a soap-box i think you are golden!

I mean it could be dangerous, but I would imagine that you approached it in such a way that it would not be offensive

@chimley thanks for your input! I’m feeling confident that it won’t be offensive, hopeful admissions counselors feel the same way

does anyone know if you apply by the December 1st deadline, and don’t get a merit scholarship in january or february, could they tell you if you got accepted to the university? or is it just the april 1st decision

Hi guys! for the part where we’re supposed to input all of our grades and courses from 9th-11th grade, are we supposed to put percentages or letter grades?? or both??? and if it’s letter grades should we include + and -'s?