USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

im sooo nervous about the decisions coming out… did u guys all submit SAT scores?? each time I tried to take it it got cancelled

I didn’t submit a score either. I took the test once before the virus but all my tests after got canceled. I don’t think this will hurt us at USC, they are truly test optional.

i submitted an ACT score, but i don’t think you’ll be negatively affected if you went test optional

does anyone know what gpa is needed/required to be considered for a merit scholarship?

1 Like

I’m guessing like most other admissions things there isn’t a ‘hard’ limit and that it’s all a holistic review process etc etc the normal spiel. Although via their website the blurb they give about merit scholarships is “Applicants pursue the most demanding curriculum and achieve at the highest level.” Their reported mid 50% uw GPA for the c/o 2024 (the whole class not just scholarship admits) was 3.83 – 4.00. So take that as you will.

We went to Explore USC for early admits last year. This is what I posted after the event.

Do they consider International students for the Merit scholarships and are the test scores standards the same?

they consider international students for merit scholarships. i don’t know the answer to you second question however sorry

The average stats for those admitted during January are rather daunting, but USC does still admit many with less than perfect stats. The same is true during March. And even perfect stats are not an early indicator that you will be admitted during either January or March. In recent years, just like at Stanford and some of the Ivies, USC has ultimately been compelled to reject 4K+ applicants with 4.0 unweighted GPAs and 99th percentile test scores. USC is even compelled to now reject circa 90% of all legacy applicants each cycle. There are just way too many applicants, and USC does heavily weigh into their admission decision other factors… like URM or FirstGen status, geography and demographic factors, written responses - including your Why USC? reasoning, ECs, leadership roles, special or creative skills, etc. USC takes an holistic approach to admissions in an effort to craft a well-rounded and diverse freshman class of around 3K. And in doing so, they tend to lean toward projections that favor applicants whom they feel with thrive well within the greater USC community.

Good luck to all of this cycle’s applicants. I still believe that the merit announcements will come by next week… as they have always come during January (and despite the Feb language being advertised by USC before).

7 Likes

Scholarship Notification - just a thought on the timeline…

I know a current applicant who has a Portfolio review interview on Friday 1/29. It would seem to be mid Feb would be the release dates since many students have not yet fulfilled all of there application requirements? Or do you think portfolios have no bearing on Scholarships? I would LOVE to hear anyones thoughts on this!

p.s. I am a newbie… please forgive me in advance if I have posted incorrectly!

My DD applied to Glorya Kaufman and Dornslife, Glorya Kaufman website specifically says, you will not hear any admission decisions in the early round. Check the college website.

Did anyone see USC Admission’s twitter post? “attention current applicants: we’re making a few design updates to the applicant portal. don’t worry it won’t disrupt your use of the site - things just may look a little different next time you log in”

Maybe because they’re getting some decisions ready? portal changes seems to be indicative of that?

4 Likes

also, they commented on it, "notifications regarding scholarships will be emailed in mid-feb to first yr applicants that applied by dec 1) ugh

1 Like

I think they shared 2/10-2/11

that is disappointing

Can you provide more details on your portfolio interview? Is this with Roski?

Yes, the portal looks different than the last time we checked (the font etc). Better be a good result :slight_smile:

Increase in app across many top universities so it is expected. I think there is so much the AO’s can do.

I believe it is for Art

I got an envelope from admissions and FREAKED OUT but it just ended up being about financial aid

5 Likes