USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

This tells you which schools require CSS

The FAFSA determines your eligibility for the low-interest Direct Loan as well as federal and state grants.

The CSS Profile information, along with your FAFSA information, will help determine your eligibility for USC student aid funds. And yes, USC requires it to get aid money from USC, but not all private schools, check the list.

February 11, 2022
Deadline for prospective first-year students to submit the CSS Profile application to the College Board’s College Scholarship Service and the FAFSA application to federal processor. If you miss this deadline, apply as soon as possible after this date.

Plenty wait till they are accepted to complete these as it is a lot of info to give a school, or don’t complete them if they are full pay anyway. But if looking for aid it is best to follow deadlines if possible. If you miss today, turn them in when you can.

2 Likes

Where do u see about the application status on the portal? When I login I see application management screen and the status is submitted. Thank you

Yes I can find the NET-ID

Were you able to recover your NET-ID?

for those who had undergraduate can u see ur net ID

1 Like

Nope. I dont see any change on my portal

Yes.
But I did participate USC summer school previously and got an ID back then.
It is the same one I got when I tried to use the 10 digits ID to recover.
I do not know if they just linked the digital ID to NETID directly or what.
Maybe this is just kind of special case.
I can log into MyUSC now.

1 Like

i am looking on the status portal. are you guys referring to a different portal?

Applyto.usc.edu is the site I am looking. Is thus where we are supposed to look.

What is the userid that we need to retrieve netid?

These little nuances are not tied to notifications, moments before the update a general hiccup will happen for everyone like the entire page changes or no one can access their portal. It will be obvious.

5 Likes

In your applicant portal is a link to USCFast where all the financial aid stuff resides. On that page it shows on the top right hand corner it shows the applicants name and a 10 digit number and Class underneath. For some it say I believe undergraduate for some unknown.

The portal astrology now suggests, if you can retrieve your USC NetID here Recover your USC NetID it is a good sign.

Again portal astrology at its best, and I am saying this as someone who has been guilty of the same in the past :slight_smile:

After a few I learned my lesson: Patience grasshopper

4 Likes

S22 says undergraduate but gets an error when trying recover USC NetID.

3 Likes

Mine says error and my S22 says Unknown

1 Like

I believe since your USC ID will change once you enroll this method can not work. But I may be wrong.

same here

I might be I attended USC summer program and got an existing NETID there, that was why I am able to recover my NETID.

If your child is a National Merit Finalist would USC also give additional merit aid during this first round?

1 Like

Does anyone know when the scholarship interviews email will be sent out?

Yes, you can get other merit but NMF is separate merit/process from those given today.

3 Likes