USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Thanks @CADREAMIN ! And based on that, and also on knowledge of past years, one might further guess that Thornton announcements (admissions & USC merit) MIGHT likely well come about a week before that, like around those big national release days, Mar. 17-18? Thank you.

What are the chances of getting merit scholarships (daughter didn’t get the big ones) when decision comes out? For those that do get merit scholarships, is there a range? For example, $5000/year or less?

Yes that would be my thought as well. I would mentally set sites on regular admission timeframe for some Thornton though so you don’t drive yourself nuts for a week.

Merit decisions always came out before the regular decisions, but recent years we have seen them come with or just after regular decisions so that is a bit of a wildcard this year. They should tweet out when to expect them closer to the time.

You’d think letting merit kids know earlier would be better to get them more invested ahead of other schools, so I’d like to see them earlier, but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There should be quite a few Dean’s for 1/4 tuition with regular decisions. Handful of Associates for 18k for all four years (10 of those). And they can sprinkle in some under 5k like the Directors scholarship. So there is money to be had!

2 Likes

It is said from March,1 NMSC will send the relative info to colleges, so I guess they will know anyway?

Thank you so much :pray: Hoping for the best

Thanks @CADREAMIN . That makes a lot of sense, and thank you for the info about apparent changes in recent years. We’re not on Twitter, so if list members here ever happen to see a forthcoming Thornton-release “heads up” announcement getting tweeted out, by all means please post here for all the music types like us and @NS2003 , thank you. And in the meantime, we’ll just wait along with everybody else – good luck, folks!

2 Likes

Thank you!

What a coincidence! My D is also in Marks this year and the Village next year.

1 Like

So D22 had USC interview for merit. And now the wait begins. anyone know how soon they inform of award decision? This is ALL so stressful! One step to get admitted, and then another to :sleepy: see if you can actually afford to go!! :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations! I hope it went well.

If you scroll up a few posts, CADREAMIN wrote

Two years ago we heard a day or two after regular admissions were announced.

Ohhh, I thought that info was all just for Thornton (I see now re. TSOM was just the first paragraph in the post, above). That’s really meant for everyone eligible for merit, understood! (And Thornton may be a week ahead, got it.) Thanks.

Congrats and good luck! My daughter had her interview today! They told her that they had a few more interviews and likely done around March 8, so a week or so after that they would hear?

3 Likes

DD got the email “USC Dornsife Prospective Students”. She applied first choice major MBUS: Business Administration and second choice major DLAS: Economics. Does an email from Dornsife has any meaning regarding her major?

I applied to Viterbi, with Dornsife as my alternate. I got a Dornsife email about two weeks after I applied and asked the same question in an admissions seminar. I was told it means nothing and that you will get emails from both your first choice and alternative choice schools. btw I got that yesterday, too. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

What day is the official admissions announcement date? Have they said yet?

1 Like

Could someone advise whether it is worthwhile updating that my child is a scholarship finalist for a prestigious $60K merit scholarship in our country, selection based on community leadership?

1 Like

Yes, that’s a nice update to pass on. And add that USC remains their number one choice.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Not sure why I need so much hand holding on this:)

1 Like

@Evie800 Last year on Tuesday March 30, USC sent a “status update” email that said to check the portal, if that helps.

2 Likes