USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

No. But it does not stop applicants from looking for them… cycle after cycle. None have proven to be reliable though as a definitive indicator one way or the other.

Nothing listed on FAST or any portal changes therein are a reflection of admission or rejection yet. At this point, USC admissions and USC financial aid are operating on completely separate paths. FA will request things as they perceive they need them. They might even replicate those requests. Sometimes more than once. And they do so for everyone who has applied for financial aid… even up to the last minute for applicants who will ultimately be rejected.

Eventually, they will be notified who has been admitted… but that update to FA will be after you learn it or simultaneously. Not before. Until then, FA processes all applicants equally.

I get that this seems to defy logic from a manpower standpoint, but that is the reality. A lot of this is automated or systemically generated. I know that applicants are looking for hints everywhere, but you will not find any via FAST.

All of you are very close to the finish line now. You will know soon enough… via an official notification from USC Admissions. It will not be via some erroneous portal change.

Good luck…

8 Likes

A lot of what is done at USC seems to defy logic from a manpower standpoint. :rofl:

3 Likes

Does anyone know how many students are offered spring enrollment or other gateways? Will that be offered tomorrow and any thoughts on whether that is preferable to going to a second choice school - also hownis integration with the class? Thanks!

Finally, does anyone have a feel for what percent of nmsf who apply get accepted? Is it 30 percent or 50 percent? Or more/less?

3 Likes

I’d love to know this, too. The only NMF we know applied two cycles ago and was denied. He’s now at a T10. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Does anyone know how many people Dornsife accepts?

3 Likes

Anyone know what time it is coming out?

1 Like

Likely tomorrow around 5 PST? or 3, I can’t remember

1 Like

I would love for that story focused on USC to inspire a reporter to look into the way colleges actually do try to manipulate their rankings. :woman_shrugging:t2:

One more day! Good luck to all who are waiting to hear.

Anyone know how common it is to get second choice major at USC? I know of one student last year that got her second choice of Creative Writing. Her first was Business.

They just emailed me for the third time about my financial aid :joy: at this point I’m going to wait and see if I even get in…no point sending it right now!

I got the Veri-Tax email yesterday and did what was required on FAST. My FAST portal lists two things under required documents but both are titled No Action Required, waiting on Tax Transcript. Today I got another email telling me to complete the required documents but since it says no action required is there anything I need to do or is it supposed to stay like that?

Same here

Same also.

is there any confirmation for when merit will be sent?

4 Likes

I have a relative who was accepted for the Spring semester. At first she felt snubbed but then realized an admit is an admit whether for the Fall or Spring. So many people get rejected who would jump at the chance for a Spring admit! She ended up studying abroad for her first semester and seamlessly integrated into USC in the Spring. She had an amazing experience abroad and loved her time at USC! She is why my kid applied this year.

12 Likes

If you are not getting the Finaid emails does that mean you are out of admission

I don’t think so. My nephew got in last year and I asked my sister if she got any emails from Financial aid and she said not until after he got in.

1 Like

I would think that means you have submitted all fin aid info correctly and no additional info is needed.

2 Likes

Interesting last years class profile ommitted actual NMF figure, they did this in 2019 as well. Depending on the year, the best numbers to work with has Presidential or 1/2 tuitions given out per class profile.

Of the total 1/2 or Presidential given, historically, 65% are NMFs. So if 384 total Presidentials given, 250 are NMFs. 250 is the general figure, except for 2020 which had crazy numbers I assume due to covid and it wrecking projections.

The unknown is how many NMFs apply so it’s impossible to get to what percent are accepted or rejected, though some attempts have been made.

Here’s a few class profiles to ponder while waiting for tomorrow.

USC Class of 2025
New first-year students 3,668
USC Trustee Scholars (full tuition) 98
USC Presidential Scholars (half tuition) 384
USC Dean’s Scholars (quarter tuition) 139
Recipients of other USC merit scholarships 65
NO NMF total given, assume 250

USC Class of 2024 - numbers not consistent with other years (covid?)
New first-year students 3,460
USC Trustee Scholars (full tuition) 100
USC Presidential Scholars (half tuition) 461 (higher than usual)
USC Dean’s Scholars (quarter tuition) 89
Recipients of other USC merit scholarships 70
National Merit Scholars 310 (higher than usual)

USC Class of 2023
New first-year students 3,168
USC Mork Family Scholars (full tuition + stipend) 10
USC Trustee Scholars (full tuition) 90
USC Presidential Scholars (half tuition) 361
USC Dean’s Scholars (quarter tuition) 116
Recipients of other USC merit scholarships 52
NO NMF total given, assume 250

2014 Actual Scholarships: (just to show not that big a dif over last several years)
3,098 New Freshman
USC Mork Family Scholars (full tuition + stipend) 10
Stamps Leadership Scholars (full tuition + stipend) 5
USC Trustee Scholars (full tuition) 120
USC Presidential Scholars (half tuition) 351
USC Dean’s Scholars (quarter tuition) 80
Recipients of other USC merit scholarships 58
National Merit Scholars 230*

Last year had a big admitted class, I would guess this years numbers must go down to accomodate. @wwward is the king of projections. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Curious if there were more applications this year? I know that for the early merit deadline, there looked to be about almost 3K less applicants when I compared my nephew’s (2021) letter to my son’s (2022).