USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Spring admission will also be offered tomorrow. Usually they shoot for 650 spring enrolls unless there is lower fall enrollment as there was in 2020. That was the only year in last 20 that spring enrollment was cut in half. Expect it to be back to normal this year, we’ll see!

1 Like

As a parent… the theories were the fun part that kept me sane last year my friend CareAdmin :))

1 Like

Ok hypothetical question, I saw someone say they got spring last year and their student studied abroad first semester, I wonder how that would work??

https://admission.usc.edu/admitted-students/fall-opportunities-for-spring-admits/

4 Likes

Looks like Win-Win. Save 40k and graduate at same time.

2 Likes

So is it accurate that a student will receive one of four letters - admission Fall, admission Spring, rejection, rejection with Trojan Transfer language?

1 Like

Does anyone know when decisions come out?

Tomorrow.

1 Like

Are admitted students notified of merit awards when they receive their admission decision? Or does that typically come later?

Probably Monday or Tuesday but not 100% sure.

1 Like

Exactly right.

Admission Fall
Admission Spring
Rejection
Rejection with Trojan Transfer notice

2 Likes

Our area’s admissions rep told my son a couple of days ago that merit award notifications will be out within a week.

1 Like

I have seen one year in the last few where merit results came out at the same time as regular decisions - makes it a bit messy on here, but it has happened and pretty recently (covid years skewed patterns and memory!)

They just recently (last couple years) started doing acceptances and rejections at the same time, so maybe they are getting better releasing more data all at once. So it is possible merit results could come tomorrow as well. The sooner the better for everyone’s sanity and ability to make a decision!!!

If not tomorrow, then certainly Monday or Tuesday as @lkg4answers said.

Do you happen to know if merit aid is ever offered to Spring Admits? Thank you :wink:

No, likely not.

Since it’s almost April 1st, let’s hope so!

do they normally admit someone who gets no merit scholarship and pays full tuition?

From what I hear 75% of students there are full pay.

Question for anyone who can access their FAST - my portal says “undergraduate” rather than “unknown” as many were asking about earlier, but I cannot use the 10 numbers to find an associated USCNetID. I also cannot access the planning worksheet (next tab over from app status on the FAST portal). Is anyone able to access the planning worksheet or am I simply thinking too much?

1 Like

What does it say when you try to access FAST portal? Mine used to come up with a grey notification but now it is red