USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Another MusicMom here, thanks for asking. Yes, we heard from Thornton today at same time as everyone (as did someone else accepted to Thornton, above, looks like). DD Accepted! FinAid still “under review” – maybe that’s same for everyone without a merit scholarship letter (yet! :wink: )

4 Likes

Meant to put @musicmom100 above!

YAY! I had a good feeling about you with some things you posted in the last week.

So they waited, is yours a non-performance major like industry?

2 Likes

What did he apply for? If Viterbi, did he have an alternate outside of engineering?

Last year they started another thread, which anyone can do. You can also look back at that thread for information.

1 Like

Financial aid “may” start coming Monday for some, but it is generally 3-5 bus days after decisions, longer if they are still waiting on info from folks.

This is another hard stage, as some are elated to get in, then face the harsh reality of not getting enough aid to attend.

One more hurdle for some. Hope everyone’s dreams come true!

7 Likes

Aw, thanks for remembering / asking, @CADREAMIN . :slight_smile: Instrumental performance! Classical training. 20+ min uncut precreen, live audition, the works. It sounds like you had a child go through Thornton already, right? DD also has interest in acclaimed music production program at USC.

So if there was no invitation for scholarship in Feb, does that mean there is no merit $? The acceptance letter doesn’t state anything about it, so do I assume there none?

Oh yes, I’m surprised it wasn’t till today for yours, thought it would be earlier. Yes, I have a Music Industry major - loves Thornton!!! So not that music talent of yours, just the love of it!

1 Like

Started a spring admit thread if some would like to share/discuss it here:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info on Spring admission. My daughter was accepted for the Spring. Still learning about opportunities for Fall semester, but looks like there’s a lot of good options.

2 Likes

I will add posts/threads as I find them on spring admission to that thread, there’s a lot of helpful info hidden in this forum that I tried to keep track of. :slight_smile:

Viterbi. But he’s somewhat between business/engineering. Already in at IU Kelley and U MD Business Honors.

Accepted! (finally somewhere)
Illinois
psychology (pre-med)
GPA: 4.8 unweighted
ACT: 36 (not superscored)
SAT: 1560
9 APs
Denied-UCSB, UCLA, UCB, Michigan, UVA, Northwestern

17 Likes

Did you just check or just hear it? Are they still coming out?

And congrats! :v:

Is this a common message sent to all Viterbi applicants?

“the Viterbi School of Engineering and the Office of Admission have identified you as someone we hope will consider transferring to USC in the future. We hope you will join the Viterbi Pathways Program, a unique, invitation-only, counseling program with specific and individualized guidance directly from a Viterbi Transfer Admission counselor. The Viterbi School wants to help guide you, step-by-step, on the best way to be a competitive transfer applicant. I hope you are interested in this opportunity and want to be considered for future transfer admission to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering. The Viterbi School will be in touch with you in the days ahead to provide more information, including how to set up your first transfer advisement appointment. They will work closely with you to plan out a transfer guide for the next year.”

2 Likes

My daughter was also accepted for Thornton Popular Music (voice). We are also thrilled!

5 Likes

Accepted into Annenberg for Journalism!!:heart::yellow_heart:
Midwest
4.0 UW/ 4.5 W
31 ACT

Accepted: Northwestern (Medill), Notre Dame, WashU, UCSD, UCSB, Fordham, Emerson
WL: Northeastern
Rejected: UCLA

USC is my dream school so I’m super excited. Fight on!!

11 Likes

My son is currently a sophomore in Thornton’s pop music program for voice. It’s such a close group! Welcome. #FightOn

3 Likes

You might look a little closer into how Viterbi encourages classes, minors and programs in other colleges.

Viterbi is looking for engineers who are interested in more than engineering. Visit Engineering Plus

USC offers business minors for students who are not in Marshall.

Are you CS? If so, there is a joint program between Viterbi CS and Marshall.

1 Like

My D got that message as well.