International
applied math
IB course (6subject) 42/42 +AP CalBC 5
qualified to AIME
admit: uci, ucsd, uiuc
reject: uva, umich
defer/wl: Cornell, ucsb, ucla, ucb
I’m disappointed :sob:

Not really. This and the Trojan Transfer Plan have to suggest the student attend a community college, because they can’t suggest a student commit to a four year with the intention of transferring. That would be bad college PR among other colleges. But in either case, while strongly suggesting a CC, they will take students that choose a four year as well, then transfer. They just can’t tell you to do that and be politically correct.

Also, a lot of students do the cc route to save money and there is a clear course pathway with them to USC. Some even move to Socal to attend somewhere like Santa Monica CC, to get use to being in the area (sort of anyway, Santa Monica much nicer, so should say the LA area). For the engineering transfer plan, they don’t push/suggest their international sister schools like they do for the TTP, because they don’t all offer the courses geared toward an engineering major.

Some study abroad for a year. There are colleges in Paris, Rome, Prague and other countries that have programs for TTP.

Excellent options!

1 Like

I have the same question. Can anyone help clarify. Please

Yes for TTP, it’s a great option. But Viterbi pathways doesn’t endorse all of those schools as having the best plan for them.

1 Like

Admitted
Dornsife
Political Economy
4.18 unweighted
1470 sat
9 APs
2 outstanding mock trial attorney awards
Lots of EC
Admitted Cal, Davis, Irvine, S Clara
WL UCSB, N Dame , B college
Rejected UCLA Pitzer

4 Likes

For those who like to plan in advance. :calendar:

https://familyweekend.usc.edu/

Dumb question …what is Trozan family …is it some sort of faternity/group ?

Great question! You can view the USC’s description. What is Trojan Family , Blog What is the Trojan Family?

As a UC alum, I think @CADREAMIN and @WWWard can provide a more accurate first-hand response.

2 Likes

The links give a good general response, in my life a few random instances…

The Trojan family is driving across country with a USC sticker on our back window and people madly honking as they drive by with the :v: waving out their window somewhere in Kansas and again in Wyoming; it’s my daughter getting the same sign on a train going across Europe cause of a keychain on her backpack, then making a new friend; it’s my recent graduates having life long friends and networking connections in any city they consider staying in or working at; it’s wonderful on a resume; it’s going to the USC bar in NYC and watching football games when visiting there in the fall, it’s going to buy a Craig’s list item with my son at a home across town and realizing the seller is a USC alum who gives us his business card and says to call when he graduates. It’s seeing someone wearing a USC hat and flashing the :v: and getting a smile anywhere in the world.

It’s real, it opens doors. It’s a true bond, not just talk or marketing. Trojans help Trojans, whether just a wave and a smile, or a job, and everything in between.

12 Likes

Hi! Let me know if this should be for a different thread.

I am considering the viterbi pathways program and would like to know if you have any stats for it? Such as acceptance rate for TTP transfers.

USC is a dream and I can fs get 2 free years of CC (or go to another college as I’ve been accepted to a couple like UCSC). I’m just trying to get info on my options

2 Likes

Hi - wondering if anyone was accepted who did not submit test scores? Thanks!

I was accepted for spring admit w/ no test scores

My son just got in and he’s over the moon! I forwarded this to him. Thank you!

7 Likes

I got this too- accepted for film production. Not sure what it is other than seems like your general core classes can be honors level?

What is name of college of biopharmacy and how is it ranked compared to other university like UCLA, Michigan or others?

1 Like

Accepted for spring test optional

Hey, I’m wiped from a long day (aggravated by cc being down earlier - ahhhhh!). so quick reply here, but basically, VP has pretty much same stats at TTP, meaning you are just about/pretty much guaranteed admission if you get the right GPA (3.8+) and take right classes which they guide you on (moreso and sooner than TTP).

2 Likes

My parents were Trojans, my husband and I are Trojans, and now one of my kids is as well (also my niece and stepson). Trojan Family is an intangible but very real bond that promotes the advancement and wellbeing of fellow Trojans whether socially, professionally, or personally. When it’s said that we take care of our own in a way that’s impossible for large, public institutions, we mean it. This sense of community predates Presidents Zumberge and Sample’s push toward academic excellence and national respect and few other institutions have the kind of alumni network in place that USC has. When I was growing up at SC games and events, and later as a student, you’d often hear that you’re a “Bruin for four years but a Trojan for life.” Oversimplified and not meant as a slight to our crosstown neighbor, whose academics were top notch before SC met that level. It’s a bond that smaller, often private school alums share that is a mixture of pride, spirit, and a common goal of advancing and helping each other. It’s collaborative vs. competitive. Notre Dame and Duke are also known for similar alumni bases, as are some other fine schools. USC is a very special place to so many of us and all of these super-smart new Trojans make all of us alums look good. :slight_smile: Welcome and fight on!

11 Likes