USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Incredibly well said. Bravo and of course :v: !

Lol. My Dad started going to SC games with his uncle in the late 1920s. My family has been drinking the Cardinal and Gold Kool Aid for more than 100 years. Lots of history. I’m so happy for these new Trojans!

It’s that kool-aid that has kept me on this site for so long. :grin:

And what a history you have. Wowza.

3 Likes

Lots of history, stories, friends, and memorabilia. But you have the current knowledge and are helping so many. Thank you for all you’re doing for the next generation! You obviously put in a ton of time helping guide everyone here. It’s a love letter to USC. :heart::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind comments, @BreatheNow and @lkg4answers. They really mean a lot. :heart:

It has been a long journey for all of us and rejection is never easy. I think, at least for my kid, the schools were spot on with seeing where they fit, however. USC must have seen that my kid’s heart wasn’t in the application/wasn’t a good fit, whereas Berkeley “got” them. It’s crazy how what everyone says, that your kid will end up where they belong, has certainly proved true for us.

3 Likes

Uh, sure. But he got rejected.

DD admitted for Spring
Dornsife
Psychology
International
IB predicted 42/42
Test optional
EC: Captain of basketball team, MUN chair, Ballroom dancing, Tutoring…

2 Likes

Congrats to all accepted!

DD rejected
Marshall
36 ACT, 4.4 GPA
NMF
Lots of leadership, clubs, varsity sports
Accepted: UMich, Georgetown, UNC

4 Likes

DS22 admitted to USC Dornsife!

Applied with SAT. Also accepted so far at Middlebury, Reed, UCSB, UCSD. WL at UCLA, Notre Dame.

Congrats to all future Trojans, and all the best to everyone else as well!

4 Likes
  • Admitted!!!
  • Marshall
  • International
  • IB Predicted 44/45
  • Accepted from: UCLA, Boston College, UC Irvine and Michigan. Rejected from: NYU Stern, UT Austin and UC Berkeley.
3 Likes

My son’s letter does not have the Thematic Option information. I found the following info on the Dornsife website. Looks like those who did not receive the invite can also apply ? Thoughts ?

Thematic Option is a diverse and eclectic intellectual community. We are interested in enthusiasm, participation, and the pursuit of more questions rather than simple answers. The typical T.O. student has an SAT I score well above 1480 and average high school grades of “A.” More important than scores, applicants to Thematic Option should have an evident love of reading and writing. Many eligible students are contacted by T.O. after they are admitted to the University, however, we encourage all interested students to inquire about and apply for the Program. Let us know if you think Thematic Option is right for you.

yes - USC Marshall vs University of Michigan Ross. D22 received USC presidential. We just found that out last night and it seemed like our CC was down. So far, nothing! Hope that she can choose the best fit vs money.

5 Likes

What great choices! That is going to be hard!!! :four_leaf_clover:

here’s what it says: “We received 69,000 applications for admission, but only have the capacity to enroll about 3,200 students in our entering class. Of those offered admission, most achieved nearly straight-A averages in a rigorous schedule of classes.”

1 Like

Hey there! Remember u from Ross admit boards! Congrats :confetti_ball:. Now to visit USC. Better weather :). our daughters have tough choices - but a good problem to have :grinning:

1 Like

man my bad :disappointed: my eyes must be blurred from all the posts. i read it wrong :expressionless: i just saw my error. my apologies but congratulations on the other admissions!

If we want to visit is there an admitted students day or should we just sign up for an on-campus tour? Thanks!

Daughter admitted to the school of cinematic arts for cinema and media studies. If anyone has experience with that program I’d love to hear about it.

4.0 UW, 4.5 weighted
Good ECs
No test scores submitted—I’m wondering if that rules people out from merit scholarship

2 Likes

Hi there! Did you get the “Trustee Award” after an interview? Just curious…I would not turn down this type of award unless you have a similar off elsewhere. It’s an amazing value.

Congrats on the admission. And just keep in mind that many internally transfer into SCA later. My younger daughter did so. She was admitted, but only as Undeclared. She enrolled anyhow, and then internally transferred into SCA while a freshman.