USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

You can get bumped down to Deans or even Director’s. You leave with something, but it can be as low as 4K or high as a Trustees.

Usually it’s the kid they can tell has their heart somewhere else, hasn’t done their homework, or is gonna attend no matter what, so they adjust.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that @grace27 and wish you all the best in your decision over the next month!

Same here x2 for Vitterbi and one is a National Merit and listed USC as first choice. My understanding is that NMF guarantees at least 1/2 scholarship. So hopefully more is coming.

2 Likes

Has your NMF listed USC as their first choice with NMSC? If not, they need to do that before the scholarship will show up.

My son is a trustee scholar and did not submit test scores

3 Likes

Congratulations to your son! What is his major and what college is he in?

My DS was accepted to the School of Cinematic Arts.

We’re afraid he may have missed the opportunity to be considered for merit aid. He applied for financial aid and scholarships before the deadlines. But he just checked the FAST portal and it lists some “Required Documents” and says he would have received emails “every day” from Veri Tax, but he hasn’t received those emails to his personal email. We’re wondering if maybe they went to a USC email address for him, but he doesn’t know what that is or how to access it. (Uggghhhh, I should have been having him check his portal regularly!)

I know no one here can fix this for us, and we’ve reached out to the financial aid office.

Just wondering if anyone has an insight on whether merit or need-based aid will still be considered at this point, or if he likely missed his chance. Thank you!

The big merit scholarship candidates (half and full tuition) were announced in Feb. Smaller merit scholarships will likely trickle out in the coming weeks. For need-based aid, you need to turn in the requested documents as soon as possible.

The emails should be going to the email account that he put on his USC application. Check his spam and promotions folders. Even after he is enrolled, some emails will still be sent to that account so continue to keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Did USC already offer Trojan Transfer Plans via decisions yesterday? And did anyone who’s not a legacy get offered? I’m hoping to transfer to USC but I haven’t heard anything about TTP.

If daughter is NMF does she need to designate it immediately before FA comes out? Thanks.

Daughter was rejected and is a legacy. At the bottom of her letter it said they will send more info in a few days and there will be a sign up on the portal in May for an info session in June. I don’t know much about the program, hoping others here can offer insight. Is TTP offered to everyone or only legacy students?

No, just before May 31. But if you are sure about USC then the earlier you designate it, the earlier the scholarship will appear in your FAST.

1 Like

It is offered to non legacy students as well but not everyone.

2 Likes

Do you happen to know if they offer it in the admissions letter or several days afterward? I know legacies have had it in their letter yesterday but I haven’t heard about any non-legacies receiving it in their decision yet.

1 Like

I am not sure. I thought people have posted that it was at the bottom of their admissions letter. @CADREAMIN would have more experience with that.

Yes, it was offered at the bottom of daughters letter.

1 Like

LOL - I actually think it was a blessing in disguise as my DD is pretty set on UMich Ross. She doesn’t need any more options at this point! :rofl:

3 Likes

Got into Caltech and MIT too, waiting for Ivy Day and Stanford.

3 Likes

Hope so! Fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

1 Like