USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Did he receive a reply stating that he didn’t get a scholarship or has he not heard yet? Did you check his promotions and/or spam folders?

We did not get need based aid until a week or 2 after acceptance. Just immediately turn in any required documents. I would check it daily because as they check it, another piece of information might be needed. I know we had to do that a few times, but it was worth it to get the financing that we did.

2 Likes

Do all scholarships provided by USC go thru’ the Interview process for the student who are admitted as part of RD?

When did you know about the merit scholarship? Were you EA or RD? Did you have to go thru’ the interview process for the merit scholarship?

No, the interviews were for the big merit scholarships (Trustee and Presidential) and those candidates were notified in Feb.

USC will offer some smaller merit scholarships which should come out in the next few days. These don’t require any interview.

1 Like

For admitted students, do you know what residential halls are popular? Also, do you know when they send the housing login information?

I saw the update in my portal but I never received an email. Anyone else? Afraid I’ll miss future information

Birkrant, Marks Tower, Pardee, Marks, and New North are popular traditional dorm experiences built around the “freshman quad” area and across street from the Village. Standard dorms, no AC, but freshman loooove living here as it is the freshman community area, very social. New North tends to pull kids that eventually go Greek, just been that way forever. The Village is gorgeous of course, but is only guaranteed for merit students, otherwise it tends to be sophomore and upperclassman housing, although some freshman may get placed there if openings. It is suite style of different configurations, nice but not as social as traditional dorm (trade-offs in any choice). Parkside is off to itself on one edge of campus and is large, very nice suite style dorms with AC and newer than the traditional dorms above. It always forms its own nice community and kids will head over to freshman quad area anyway if friends there. Webb Tower is large apartments close to Village - this has been on again off again used for freshman.

Living close to your major doesn’t matter as your GEs are all over the place. They will open up housing usually first week in April, you will get a notice or keep eye on your portal, twitter, etc.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if/when accepted students will receive anything in the mail? (And also what they might send - nice packages like in past years??)

2 Likes

If they open housing first week in April, is it first come first choices served? Some may not have committed prior to the May 1 deadline…does this put them at a disadvantage as far as housing goes?
Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Congratulations to your son!

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s been a wild ride for sure. I know everyone’s kids worked so hard through some tough times to get this far and wherever they decide to spend the next four years, they will continue to be amazing!

1 Like

Technically it is open, meaning merit kids have already applied, but they will be emailing new admits login info and time they can start applying. That info could be in next week or so. It is worth the $55 app fee if you think you may attend to do it even before committing as it is def first come first served. It goes off time stamp when app is submitted.

1 Like

This might be a dumb question - when applying to USC, I opted for no financial aid for whatever reason, but I was accepted and might commit. Could I contact the finaid office and see if I can still be considered for financial aid?

2 Likes

Hello. I posted a version of this a few months ago and will repost. My son is a freshman at USC in New North and loves it. It is an “old school-style” or traditional dorm in comparison to the new housing in the McCarthy Honors College in the Village. It is close to the 2 libraries uses, the McCarthy Quad, and and the academic buildings where his classes are. It has a Starbucks and a dining hall. It is a very “social” dorm. But it’s not fancy, no air conditioning.

2 Likes

USC does not have EA/RD.

Students who applied before the Dec 1 deadline to be considered for merit scholarships, were notified of their acceptance in mid February and asked to interview at that time.

Has anyone receive their financial aid award letter yet?

1 Like

No and still waiting for housing email.

1 Like

It’s usually 3-5 days after decision before FA starts rolling out. Longer if they are still waiting for info from you. Check FAST page often to be sure they have everything they want.

1 Like

What are Marks Tower and Pardee Tower like? I know I’m going to list Birkrant as my #1 option, but trying to figure out what to list as #2 and #3. I’ve read a lot of blogs on freshman housing options at USC and people seem to have mixed reviews on Marks and Pardee.