USC Trojan Transfer Plan Class of 2025

I was told explicitly that it is not guaranteed. The student has to perform at a high level in classes that would transfer. I was recently told by someone who had a kid this year attending that sibs in her university were denied after attending the TTP even though their grades were great. USC would never “guarantee” placement until they see performance out of the student. This includes behavioral performance. If students get into trouble enough to be written up, it will go into their transcript. Interesting issue given Europe is where they encourage kids who do not want to go to a cc. Drinking laws are different, etc.

NOT guaranteed transfer. And you apply all over again - common app, essays, everything. Then you wait to hear between mid-April to June, (after reg decision the next year) with with “regular” transfer folks.

Also, fyi there is already long thread with lots of info…

They did not allow deferals due to covid. Has to be college classes to be a competitive transfer applicant (which is what a TTP students is). The student applies all over again on common app, so essays and the stuff they just did for reg decision.

And it is def not guaranteed. Great for some, but it can be the most stressful time ever, with the risk of getting kicked to curb twice. There are certainly TTPs that do not get in. For some that risk is too great. For others, they are willing to take it to graduate from USC. Personal choice.

Can someone please share what their letter may have looked like? The letter indicates a trojan transfer planning meeting but nothing about a trojan transfer plan. Still unsure what this means!

If this is what it says “this decision was especially difficult for us given your ties to the Trojan Family. Your eventual enrollment at USC is of great interest to us, so I invite you to consider a Trojan Transfer planning meeting, which will assist you in gaining admission to USC as a transfer student within the next two or three semesters. We have set aside time during the month of June for you to meet with a member of our admission staff to learn how to maximize your chances of admission for a future term” thats essentially the Trojan Transfer Plan

Closing thread. Continue discussion in the existing thread