UT Austin Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@dboss4 or anyone has answer:
My son auto admitted but still need send extended resume for biz honor.
I am little confused about $200 nonrefundable enrollment deposit and $50 non refundable housing deposit. Do we need pay both $250 to get in line for housing or $50 will put him in line? Thanks

How long does it take for auto admits to get a decision? My daughter applied almost 10 days ago, but the school took their own sweet time to send the transcript. The Application, is finally complete. She sent in her extended resume, she is applying for Engineering Honors, Requested and received 2 recommendation letters. Also, the portal says, “Do not require College transcript” for the Dual and College Credit, would it help or harm in anyway if she requested the Community college transcript? Thanks.

So, my daughter got the auto admission into the university, but I am still not able to access the Housing Portal. Gives me a login error. Under the my status there is a recommendation for the on campus housing application. Has anyone had this issue? I am planning to give them till tomorrow afternoon and have my daughter call the AO to get some help. Her app status changed to complete this morning and we got the acceptance just a few min ago. So, I am thinking may be I should give it 24 hours after the application has been completed for all the systems to get updated. thoughts?

I got my auto admit today- submitted yesterday. It says my engineering honors app is in review. Does that mean anything?

@Momof0ne, I recently applied, and the same thing happened to me for about two days. After that, I was able to get in and fill out the housing application and pay the fee. I would just give it some time, and hopefully it should work for you guys soon. :slight_smile:

@pinkcactus456 , receiving auto admission means that you have a secured seat at the school, but you are not guaranteed for engineering(or the school you apply to) yet. once they review your application for engineering as well as engineering honors, I believe you should get an email where they let you know their decision. I have also just applied, and I am also auto admit, but Im still waiting on the decision for McCombs and Canfield, so I am kind of in the same boat as you. :slight_smile:

My daughter submitted her UT application several days ago through ApplyTexas. She received the confirmation email, but NOTHING yet from UT - no email, no EID, nada. Is that where she’s supposed to upload the extended resume?

@lisacarpediem make sure your daughter check spam folder. My daughter got her UT portal info after 1-2 days after submitting ApplyTexas.

Admit Date: 10/22/2020 (not auto admit)
Date finished application: 10/12/2020
EID assigned: 10/13/2020
Resume and transcript sent: 10/16/2020
High School Rank: My high school stop ranking since 2016
High School class size: 596
GPA: 3.96 unweighted
SAT: 1510
My EC: typical volunteer, missed internship this past summer, I do work in family business since 8th grade.
Major: CNS Biology
AP classes: 12 (1 in 9th, 2 in 10th, 3 in 11th and 6 in 12th), mostly 5s except this year the college board one question AP tests were disasters…
Housing deposit: Paid $50 (no idea what that means since it is not refundable and no one tells me which dorm building is better)

I don’t know if I should accept the admission or wait for other universities. I also got acceptance from Baylor and A&M.

EID is automatically generated usually within days, you need to double check spam folders because the email come from an automated address.
Yes you submit resume and request transcript via the MyStatus portal with your EID as login ID.

@KYoung2025 , Serious? Not auto-admit and you have an acceptance already?!! Are you in state? That seems crazy that you heard in 10 days. I’m lowkey jealous but Hurray!! You are the first non auto admit I’ve heard of this year!! Congratulations! Hopefully, this means the ball will start rolling faster this year for non auto admits!

I agree.

@KYoung2025 , what other universities are you waiting on?

@KYoung2025 Congrats ! Your stats are super high so I am not surprised you got in so early.

Still working on my application for November 1st. What else do you need to do after you submit?

Hi @lebron13 ,
After you submit your application, you will be sent the details of the admissions portal with your UT EID. You need to send in transcripts (Rec letters, resume are optional).

https://admissions.utexas.edu/apply/freshman-admission#fndtn-t29-submitting-your-transcripts

@lebron13 - Forgot to add, you might need rank letters.

D21 submitted last night! let the waiting begin!!

@ells2002 , welcome to the waiting club! I’m curious too about the competitiveness of the math major. My homeschooled son put math as his 2nd choice major but I’ve heard they won’t even look at the 2nd choice for non auto admits. He really wants to go to UT but he also really wants engineering. I think he would have had a better chance of getting in with math so I guess that is the fleece that will determine where he goes. You will definitely hear something before we will so let us know as soon as you find out!!

D21 just submitted! Can’t wait to hear back from the Nursing School!