UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

yes

Crickets

2 Likes

That’s fine, and he has a backup school decision already, but UT is my son’s non-AA COLA dream school. It’s just numbers, too many applicants for too few spots. Not everyone can get in, and there is no sense getting one’s feelings hurt. UT is pretty landlocked inside of Austin so there is not much room for student body number growth, unlike A&M.

3 Likes

Ugh. I applied Psychlogy non auto. I already have southwestern as back up.

Just weird people were hearing right on the 5pm dot yesterday

3 Likes

I agree ( have a non auto COLA daughter waiting for results ) . All my UT parent friends said Moody is easiest route ….who knows .

Don’t be discouraged. I was as well. My DS applied to COLA, International Relations and Global Studies, because it was the major he really wanted. Not to take an easier route. He was accepted on Tuesday night—in state, non AA, priority deadline. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you! And congrats to your son ! My daughter was same … only willing to apply to the major she wanted . She has options … accepted with merit at the 3 other schools she applied to and CAP option would work for her … sustainably studies .

1 Like

My problem is I am uneligible to be capped. I have 65 college hours, ECHS, so there is no way. Just hoping!! hoping they consider college courses heavily as i have a 4.0 college gpa

1 Like

Can someone with experience here tell us what the probability is of a wave actually coming tonight?

I get the eerie feeling that everyone still waiting around is not in a good spot…

4 Likes

6 or 7 is common. It’s coming

2 Likes

But wasn’t it 5 yesterday

UT Austin’s admission process is broken. They should release all decisions at once like other colleges. Many waves don’t make sense and that too randomly.

12 Likes

Last year the night of the big wave, they released them at 7:30pm CST. That was Friday, January 29, 2021. My daughter is already admitted, but I’ve spent a lot of time on the forums and doing research on past decisions. Good luck everyone!

14 Likes

No knowledge/experience. Just a hunch.If there is a large batch to be updated it probably takes more time, compared to what it takes for small batches, to finish the updates in whatever backend system is being used. So it is likely that results will start showing later than the usual time we have been seeing over the last few days.

3 Likes

I feel like Wiley Coyote running towards the light at the end of the tunnel…

5 Likes

5 Likes

so what you are saying is that you do see light at the end of the tunnel :slight_smile:

Hang in there.

3 Likes

It is either light or a speeding freight train.

3 Likes

If you are Wiley Coyote though, you defy physics. So you are good :slight_smile: