UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

I actually hope that’s true because my daughter is still waiting :blush:

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone. This is a unnecessarily stressful and painfully arbitrary process. I’m genuinely sending all students and parents positives vibes this evening who are still awaiting a decision.

7 Likes

Can I ask you what your daughter’s stats were? This major is what I’m hoping my daughter will get into next year.

Has there been any acceptances tonight?

They are supposed to start rolling in now, has anyone received anything?

Nada.

1 Like

Nothing here, either. In-state non auto admit. Government major.

Nothing here either

1 Like

Check your login portal. Last week, my son’s status changed at 5 PM, but he did not receive the email till 7 PM.

1 Like

Nothing here either.

1 Like

We are checking it. Nothing.

1 Like

Nothing

1 Like

same here

1 Like

i think the bigger waves tend to come out later. i’d bet decisions will start rolling closer to 7pm.

2 Likes

ct?

1 Like

are these times est?

All times are CST usually.

its like 1am here and I don’t know if it’s worth staying up at this point lol.

not sure. if its cst that means 8 pm est which may be a little late. id predict more about 7:30 est/6:30 cst

FWIW, after going through this with two non-AA, well qualified applicants, I’m becoming convinced that for non-AA, COLA is a bad choice. While the “numbers” suggest that COLA is among the easiest schools to be accepted to, I suspect those numbers are artificially deflated by AAs who get unwillingly shuffled into COLA after not getting their choices of major. So COLA gets filled up with the (relatively speaking) “bottom” of the AAs, and it leaves little room for non-AAs. Plus, I think UT takes solace that it can CAP highly qualified, non-AA COLA applicants and feel good about it.

In short, knowing what I know now, I’d think twice if I were non-AA about applying for COLA. But that advice is worth what you paid for it.

4 Likes