UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

He’s still mulling it over. It makes sense since he is a COLA major anyway, but he is concerned about missing his freshman year.

What is Cap’d?

Rejected. 1540 4.0 unweighted, #1 in class, 5s in all of his APs, dual college credit in math and CS, 3 sport athlete.

You lost out, UT

7 Likes

My son had a BHP interview three weeks ago and didn’t get into McCombs :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It really blows my mind when I read the stats of people who got rejected, especially CS, makes me wonder exactly what criteria UT uses for admissions in the first place?

3 Likes

UT ought to expand its CS department. Same with engineering.

2 Likes

That is ludicrous. And embarrassing for UT. Sorry for your son.

1 Like

Son didn’t get into EE (1st) or Mechanical (2nd), put into Liberal Arts. Auto Admit, NMSF, 11th out of 819 (top 2%), 5.37 (W)/3.97 (UW) GPA, 35 ACT & 1560 SAT. Heavy involvement in ECs and has a job. We are stunned.

1 Like

Any non auto rejection tonight?

That’s absurd. A&M will happily take him, and with an $8k annual scholarship for NM.

2 Likes

We are right there with you!

Please consider the CAP option. Look at the endgame. If he wants a degree from UT, this is a way to get that. My son was in the PACE program his freshman year and then COVID hit. Sophomore year he spent at home (in Austin) while attending some social things here and there. He’s a junior now and fully established in his major and THRIVING! Think about the endgame.

1 Like

Coordinated Admissions Program.
https://admissions.utexas.edu/enroll/cap

You go to another UT campus for freshman year (and pay their prices instead of UT Austin for one year) and keep your grades up. Then Sophomore through Senior year you are at UT Austin.

1 Like

Sorry, this doesn’t seem real. Why don’t the folks that have lower stats ever post here? It seems mostly parents with superstar kids. Nothing wrong with that, but seems bizzare. Things will work out!

2 Likes

GREAT! Think about the endgame. Your student can graduate from UT Austin and you can pay lower costs at another campus for one year. My oldest got the PACE program and now is a thriving junior at UT Austin. Think about the endgame.

Reading through CAP statistics, that in itself is pretty competitive. Aiming for CS major…missing out on getting into UT Austin and forced to complete the 4 year degree at UTSA or UTA is a scary thought :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

The problem with expanding CS is that they can’t find professors. They make more money working for google or Facebook.

3 Likes

People that are now going to A&M, hang in there. Two years ago my son had his heart set on UT. Applied to COLA (best chance we figured, and he just wanted in). He got CAP’d. He also got into A&M/Mays and chose that and joined the Corps. He’s now a sophomore on a completely full ride (plus, actually, if you include his monthly stipend), being paid to go to college, and couldn’t be happier. He never looked back.

10 Likes

any honors decisions?

Essays are a huge factor.

3 Likes