UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Is the enrollment deposit and housing deposit refundable?

Deposits are not refundable.

When do appeals results come out?

1 Like

I sent in an appeal and was alerted it was accepted about a week ago, it might be different for everyone. I don’t have an admissions decision yet but I think it should be by April 1st

1 Like

Thanks. What do you mean you were alerted? Also, where did you hear April 1? Thanks.

I got an email to check my portal and under the appeal tab it said my appeal was approved

1 Like

So you got in?

was this an appeal for change of major?

Were you previously capped or auto admitted?

No it was a late appeal, it says they will tell me if I am admitted on or before April first and I was not capped or auto-admitted there had been a problem with my transcript on the original application

Are you from Texas? Only people from Texas get cap or auto admit.

It is on the appeals page, Appeals | Undergraduate Admissions | The University of Texas at Austin

Does anyone know how many kids UT admits to CS every year considering yield rate

I’ve heard approximately 850. Their class is roughly 85% in state but I don’t know how many in state vs. OOS offers they make. Total class size if memory serves me well is 350 or so.

1 Like

dang, the admission rate is going well below 10%, can’t imagine how competitive it will be in a few years

Correct! I will venture a guess that they probably received at least 8 to 9k applications for CS this year.

1 Like

Anyone know the number of undergrad speech therapy communication students admitted as freshman each year?

Has your son decided where he is going? Mine is still undecided!

are all appeals going to come out friday?

that’s what they say