UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Is anyone else’s MyUT allowing anyone to see courses?

What is RIS?

Any CS majors hear from CSB yet?

1 Like

My son hasn’t heard for CSB or Turing so far. Based on the one person I’ve seen post about Turing, they got a letter in the mail from Dr. Lin before their portal updated. No interview or anything. I don’t know if CSB is the same.

No way CAP students have information in RIS.
CAPs don’t even attend UT.
If RIS showed COLA but your major originally applied was not COLA, that means you get assigned to COLA undeclared, this happened a lot of many autos in the past.

What if RIS still shows bad data 1000? I’m an auto btw

1 Like

Thanks R_TX, same here … no news on either.

1 Like

My DD is also auto admit, pending major, still has Bad Data 1000 on RIS. Priority admit, complete app on 8/11.
It is nervewracking.

No worries! Will post here if we hear more.

1 Like

UT Admissions Director says decisions out the Friday after MLK, so is that today or next Friday??

when did he say that? also I am guessing he means this friday.

Well they missed the fact that some decisions rolled out the Friday before MLK, so not sure what to think. My guess is that there could be a batch of decisions today and possibly for honors as well. Referencing past years, but who really knows?

1 Like

Does your portal still show that message? If not, how long until it went away? Showing same thing here (assuming it’s because of mid-year report) and wondering how long it takes them to process it.

Daughter had meeting with college counselor few weeks ago and counselor told her that’s what the UT Director of Admissions said.

She had a non auto classmate accepted to Liberal Arts this week but not sure if it’s the Honors Program. None of her other classmates have heard back. They are all non auto since the school doesn’t rank.

1 Like

May all waiting to hear back get into their #1 major choice today. (Assuming more decisions come today)

5 Likes

Non-ranking schools must still report rank for auto admission purposes in Texas. So technically if they don’t know their rank that means they are not in the top 6% or 10% based on the school. At least that is my understanding.

1 Like

Thanks I did not know that.

My daughter’s school does not rank, but they will let students/schools know if they are within the top 6%.

1 Like

Same here. Our school sent first semester grades. We assume that is what they just received.