UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

I’m interested in CAP but my parents want me to go to A&M even when I’m wanting to major in liberal arts (psychology). They say they won’t support me financially. What should I do?

They say they can’t trust me getting above 3.2 GPA not because I am lazy, but because there might be certain unpredictable obstacles… like getting sick… :confused:

A&M is a great school and if you are accepted there directly into psychology it is a great option . Yes there are some risks with CAP for sure like the 3.2

If you don’t really have a strong preference of schools I would go with the sure thing . My daughter isn’t even totally sold on CAP , she is just considering it .

2 Likes

Relax. It is directed at all of the parents on here. Present company and beyond!!

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your advice.

This is complete BS. No way this is true.

2 Likes

“TAMU actually has a great psychology department” (put in quotes because that’s what my mom says, as a TAMU alum)

1 Like

Hi, apologies if this is a common (annoying) question, but I was wondering if I should expect to receive my non-auto, in-state, regular admission to business major decision this week? I see that on the website, only priority decisions come out before Feb 1, but then I saw contradicting info on forums that all decisions come out before then. Thanks!

Just heard from UT!

3 Likes

A decision?

My in-state non-auto admit kid just found out they were admitted to Architectural engineering.

8 Likes

Yes. In state, non-auto, mech eng.

4 Likes

Just got admitted to CS! In-state, non-auto.

6 Likes

So are we thinking this is a small or big wave before Friday, and these are all more competitive majors like engineering and CS?

OMG just admitted to business, in state non auto regular!

7 Likes

a… any non auto liberal arts…? no?

oops replied to wrong person. sorry.

Nothin for me :sweat_smile:

yes, I agree with your mom. but I want to live my college life near the city (Austin) and I was born there (although I lived in a different country)

I got into CS! Non-auto btw, my RIS was bad 1000 data the whole day today

7 Likes