UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

“I would never call admissions or get all wrapped up in my kid’s college process.”

(But I would spend 17 hours per day on a college chat site for 2 weeks looking for any information related to the process.)

17 Likes

LMAOO that’s one way to put it :sweat_smile:

Apparently, on Reddit, someone OOS called UT’s admissions office, For Mccombs, and figured out their admissions decision. Now I’m not sure how true that is, but they got accepted

My son is not considering CAP. He would go to TAMU for his desired major.

5 Likes

I saw this too and called the office. It is a voicemail box. Might be a lie, but there is no reason to lie.

1 Like

Never mind! It’s not a voicemail box. Called the wrong number lol…

Seriously doubt that UT would give anyone their decision over the phone.

3 Likes

LMAO man really said #Hookem #AmericanDream like its an instagram post bruh

The ‘2026 made me giggle

6 Likes

Maybe they’re just tired of getting phone calls or emails about their decisions. Only God knows :rofl:

Wait so did you get anything figured out? I kinda wanna call, but I also don’t want to be told bad news. I’d rather just wait for good or bad to show itself :sweat_smile: and I’m sure everyone who’s seen that Reddit post are blowing up their phones by now

I called and i just asked when decisions would be out and the lady was very curt lol I doubt they told anyone their decision. Unless the person had an actual inquiry about their app, the admissions people would not have offered to tell them their decision.

Interesting, thanks :slight_smile:

what did they tell you about when decisions would be out?

In the same boat here. I’m in-state, non auto admit for a TX public school that only ranks if you’re in the top 10. I applied RD as a Government major. Even if I am CAP, I would lean towards UTA, but to me the commute every morning wouldn’t be worth it. I’ve been accepted to TAMU with my major and so if the news Friday isn’t favorable, I would also committ to TAMU.

Same thing we already know. Decisions for priority come out until Feb 1 unless deferred

Did you all see the insta post? They are really teasing us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you were directing this at someone come out and be brave about it. Have a nice day!

From both academic and social perspective going to TAMU is a better choice than going to a cap school.

5 Likes

My daughter is very liberal and therefore wasn’t interested in TAMU even though it’s a good school academically. The few CAP kids we personally know had great results with the program .

It’s def not for everyone ( my older engineering daughter for example) but for those interested in liberal arts it can be a good pathway to UT

5 Likes