UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

I also heard they wait until 5pm or later due to a debacle some years ago when students got notified at lunch time. It was a distraction and resulted in chaos that schools had to manage.

5 Likes

Or upset applicants have an evening to calm down before calling AO the next day.

6 Likes

Indeed. That too, but from everything I hear the poor front line AOs have nothing to do with decisions. I sure hope that job pays more than I think it does!

4 Likes

Are we expecting few acceptances on 1/28 and rejections on 2/1? or 1 wave of both. OOS waiting

1 Like

Best guess based on what’s happened in previous years is tomorrow and/or Monday there will be a big wave of acceptances, and 2/1 they will send out all rejections. But as you probably know, UT Austin is anything but predictable. My daughter is OOS waiting too. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Does UT instagram want the negative reactions too? My kid’s reaction was WTH? :worried:

7 Likes

I wouldn’t rule out tonight as they’ve been rolling out the past several evenings.

1 Like

Hi! I have a question on the MyStatus page. I noticed that the below document was added to my account yesterday and neither I or my school added the document. I tried to call to find out what the document was but I couldn’t get ahold of anyone. Does anyone know what the document means or could mean? I’m not sure if the tabs mean anything but I have attached what my MyStatus page looks like as far as what information is available.

Same thing happened to my kid
no idea what it is

1 Like

It was added on November 30 here

FWIW, My son was accepted to McCombs on Wednesday morning 1/26.
SAT 1510
Top 7%
3.97 / 5.48
All AP’s
Founded club as Freshman
Minor work experience
Average volunteering
2 Strong Letters of Rec
Essays-who knows how good?
Deferred EA from Georgetown McDounough
Still waiting on others

6 Likes

Ya I also got it on Decemeber 17th and I have no idea what they are

Son just had status change. OOS Liberal Arts

2 Likes

I have been logging into the portal all day and hitting refresh. Exactly at 5 pm central, it showed I got into McCombs. OOS. No information on BHP.

3 Likes

I got in! Civil Engineering, OOS, RD. Just checked portal right now! Can’t believe it!

5 Likes

So today is OOS wave? Do you guys think non-auto in state wave is over? I think there were a lot of non-auto people accepted

1 Like

Do they all come out at one time? Or is it a rolling wave throughout the evening typically?

Have they been rolling?

Stats?

Stats if you don’t mind me asking? Also OOS applying to McCombs but nothing yet