UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

My son as been accepted at TAMU also and he’s still waiting on U Texas, after reading thousands of thread messages of those two schools and 3 other highly rated schools, plus dealing a fair amount with admissions and the application process at all 5…I will say the “can do attitude” at A&M is huge, people there “seem” to really go out of there way to help no matter how small the issue or question of concern is, I’m very impressed, they’ve got a good system, so as a parent I’m not disappointed at all he might be an Aggie. I’m very excited for him and actually given “the huge number is qualified applicants across the nation this year” and limited number of spots at top schools, thankful he’s got options…my two cents

13 Likes

My kid LOVED his A&M tour and meeting with Aggies. He really disliked the UT tour, plus the homeless guys by the road didn’t help. He’s been accepted into his first choice at A&M, but was rejected at UT for natural sciences and business despite super high stats and extracurriculars. I still think it’s weird. Honestly, he’s waiting on some other places. Regardless, I think students can find their place at either school. They’re both huge and have lots to offer.

10 Likes

My oldest there comes from a liberal family. Her friends rarely talk politics, love the campus and loves how College Station has so many restaurants and a nice theater (and how easy it is to get to them.) You find your people. Those not on campus think it’s more conservative than it is. And I really think you make of the experience what you want.

3 Likes

I agree with @Mel22. I’m hoping to major in Government at UT, but was accepted into PoliSci at A&M. I toured both campuses and even though I truly imagine myself at UT, I was surprised by how much I liked the A&M campus. I’m liberal in a conservative family; I grew up conservative but actually while on tour at A&M my tour guide was a senior in PoliSci, and she told me how welcoming and interested in everybody’s opinions the major was, and it was surprising how many left leaning people there were and then even PoliSci majors that leaned right. While UT is traditionally known for having more liberal students than A&M, you’d be surprised by a lot of the student’s attitudes. I felt a lot more welcomed there than I thought I would and I can’t speak for anybody else but personally I wouldn’t be totally crushed if I end up in Aggieland if Austin doesn’t work out. For now, just stay hopeful and trust you’ll end up where you’re meant to be, as repetitive as that sounds. As applicants we’ve done all that we can up until this point and as long as that’s our best, all we can do now is continue to hope for the best.

8 Likes

I work with many Aggies that had a choice between TAMU and UT. Going through this process I asked them what drove them to TAMU. It didn’t come down to conservatism but rather it was the overall feel of the campus and the alumni network. Aggies look after other Aggies. Longhorns are loners in that regard.

15 Likes

My ChemE daughter at UT debated TAMU , UT , and Purdue seriously. In the end chose UT for several reasons but a big one was direct admit to major vs general engineering at TAMU . We toured TAMU twice and were so impressed with the students there …. Very friendly!

7 Likes

Interesting. I thought UT had a pretty strong alumni network.

5 Likes

My husband and I are both UT alums and I think the alumni network is amazing.

5 Likes

In what way? Am I missing out? I’m a UT alum and it has never on e helped me in any way.

1 Like

I suppose it’s different based on college and how the programs engage their alum. My husband is actively engaged with the college on the advisory council and other forums and they seem to work really hard to get current students visibility to alums for mentoring, jobs, etc. and also utilize their alumni network in providing input into the direction of the program. Very similar experience for other members of my family. I’m certain I’m totally biased :grinning:

1 Like

Like anything, it boils down to your own networking and the effort you put into it.

1 Like

Hi guys! any portal astrology hacks for UTAustin???

2 Likes

No, but the Instagram story they posted a few hours ago is sure interesting.

3 Likes

Not really. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If my daughter is 8.5% all AP classes and involved in activities do you think her chances are higher she will be CAPed

I think it is because of processing power. I think they wait until after 5pm to start running their nightly batches of IT programs. My guess is that these Registrar dept programs run early in the nightly batch cycle. It will be interesting to see if there are more accepted tonight or if it will only be a big batch run on Friday.

3 Likes

He received his acceptance on Tuesday night, 1/25. I just posted about it on Wednesday.

Not sure about CAP, but she might be a good candidate for PACE. If she gets PACE offered, please consider it. My oldest went through that program and it was fantastic, smaller classes, first year interest group, 25% of the cost for 4 classes.

1 Like

Yes, you will see on the My Status if they have been offered PACE, CAP or rejected.

I highly recommend taking PACE if it is offered. My oldest went through that program and it was outstanding, small classes, weekly mentoring, they are a first year interest group too that socializes as well, and 4 classes were 25% the cost.

1 Like

Thank you