UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

No. Your decision will come BY February 1st if you are an early applicant.

I know this feed is exciting, but it also causes panic. No one knows what decisions are coming, when. Everything is speculation, some of it based off of past trend, but it is still speculation. This part of the process, is not in your hands.

There are amazing applicants on here. I am so proud to see so many hard-working kiddos. YOU all have a bright future ahead of you. If UT is part of it, that is great. If it is not, there will be another place that you can make amazing, too!

8 Likes

OOS, accepted to College of Natural Sciences!

6 Likes

Congrats!! What major? Did u just check? I applied neuroscience & didn’t get a decision yet

1 Like

Top 7.5%, 1470 SAT, all the AP’s, leadership roles, volunteers, VERY compelling personal story reflected in essays, NMSF, Duke TIP Grand, etc, etc, etc. Competitive high school in Austin area.
Major requested is Biology. Nothing. Really starting to get disillusioned with UT.

Gig 'em!

6 Likes

Hang in there, kiddo! Hang in there!

1 Like

Thanks! It was for math, and yeah just checked but I’m not sure when it came in

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted, OOS, aerospace engineering

6 Likes

My DS, OOS got accepted to Engineering (Biomedical). Stats - 4.2/4.35; SAT - 1510; 12 APs, ok ECs, couple national awards. I believe his essays were what got him in - he had a compelling narrative on his passions and interests that probably sounded genuine and humble.
Those still waiting, please dont lose hope. Good luck! We had zero hope he would make it after seeing all the rejections here.

8 Likes

D22 got in for applied math. Congratulations to all who got in today, for others just hang on.

5 Likes

When people are getting in tonight are you just getting theses changes on your portal now or do these date back to 5pm CST?

2 Likes

anyone who applied to mccombs oos for priority get a decision back yet? seen very few mccombs acceptances so im a little nervous!

3 Likes

I haven’t

and I’m OOS

2 Likes

OOS - D22 Accepted today into Business 3.97 UW, 4.69 W, 8 AP’s, Average EC/Rec/Essays. Interviewed for BHP in December and waiting on BHP.

5 Likes

Curious about this answer, too…

for ppl getting decisions rn are u getting emails or are you just checking the portal?

just checked portal after seeing some admission posts here

3 Likes

Are the waves geographical or just based on acceptance

To be more exact do we think things are changing throughout the evening or they changed at 5pm CST for tonight and people are just getting around to it seeing it now? I’m just trying to advise my kid to decide if he checks a few more times or bags it for now. Thanks and congrats to people who got accepted!

4 Likes

No emails so far, I happened to check the portal after reading UT Austin thread here about OOS acceptances.

Edit: Just got an email to check status

2 Likes