UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Though not all big universities are so vague. Look at University of Georgia. David Graves is completely transparent about dates and process on his blog: Blog - UGA Undergraduate Admissions. I wish all schools offered such clear and useful information…even if you don’t get the decision you want!

2 Likes

Agree 100%. All of the universities I applied to, big and small, private and public, acknowledged my application and sent me instructions to create an account, within 24 hours of applying. There is only one university that didn’t.

2 Likes

Correct. Not all big universities are so opaque or bureaucratic. UW is notoriously so and has been as long as I can remember. It was little different in the mid-1990s when I was there.

It is still an awesome school. But for some reason this sort of stuff seems to be part of the package. Go onto the UW student forums on reddit if you want to see complaining about campus bureaucracy. You’ll find plenty of it.

Part of it might be lack of competition. There just isn’t another flagship in the Pacific Northwest that can really compete with UW academically.

All I’m saying is that this isn’t nearly going to be the last time you all are frustrated by UW bureaucracy and opaqueness. It comes with the territory.

4 Likes

No. They still gave a date range in their Feb 22 email. My point is…what was the purpose of the March 1-15 date range, and when they knew the 1st to 7th wasn’t likely, why not communicate this? There may be some wishful thinking among anxious applicants but my point was to how UW could have communicated their intentions without giving hope that some may receive a decision on March 1.

6 Likes

I completely agree with you! I also think that as you mentioned, it would have been a better idea to just say that most decisions would be made by March 12 and all decisions would be made by March 15.

2 Likes

I’m so sad about that. Not only do we have to wait until this Friday but we have to wait that entire day.

1 Like

Looking at this discussion, I’m fully convinced this thread is a UW Psych department experiment :joy:

8 Likes

I did this too !! I hope its good thing ? I got an email confirming that I intend to attend UW Seattle and differ the payment…

1 Like

lol why?

That email means nothing. It happens no matter if you got admitted or not.

If the “W” logo on the UW website changes to gold color that could be a good sign.

1 Like

Really ?

… it’s a stock website

UW = U Wait

14 Likes

is the portal down for everyone? it says “application status unavailable”

Nope, not for me.

1 Like

Yes, it was down for a few mins but is ok now

I know we’re all excited for the announcement later this week but I just had to share that my son and I went and did the self-guided tour today! Beautiful day, beautiful campus! Hoping for some good news for my son (and you all!) on Friday!

12 Likes

Cherry blossom yet?

1 Like

Not yet but my son noticed that it should be soon and pointed them out to me since he knows how much I love them! Maybe we’ll take another trip down (from Anacortes) in a month or so to see it then! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like