UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

What major did she apply to?

1 Like

Unfortunately, he doesn’t want to go to those schools, lol
I am completely gutted

Because it is too far? He could go to Seattle University or Western Washington University but they don’t have the same reputation as Purdue or Ohio. There are plenty of good colleges in California, just 2.5 hours plane ride away. Hopefully he applied to some of those as well.

Design was 1st choice (which for acceptance into the design program, you take a course for Freshman year and apply before sophomore year to get accepted into the program). She has taken several design course and art history at college level and has received As in them, so we feel she was prepared for that major as much as anyone could be). Her waitlist said design/arts and sciences .

Agree with @petlion. My son got the same the letter. If CS is what you want go somewhere else where you have direct admission. It is very competitive at UW. My son ended up going to WSU and got into the CS program after his freshman year.

2 Likes

Does UW have CS minor? Lot of software engineer jobs do not require CS major. And my guess is less than 25% of CS (or any major) graduate will use what they specialize in workplace.

1 Like

We live in the midwest & he wants out of the midwest

4.0 GPA and not accepted into Design seems strange. I though maybe she applied to CS.

They will try an push infomatics instead of CS as an option at UW.

Does anyone have an opinion on Seattle U CS? My S got a really good price EA. He has other options too but loves Seattle.

I noticed the vaccine requirement is not for COVID or the flu yet. Once COVID vaccine is widely available, I bet schools will require it.

Yep, that’s what we are thinking. Any other thoughts on this?

Do you mean Seattle University? It is not among the most recognized names for CS major. Regardless he will not have any difficulty finding a job with a CS degree from Seattle U.

2 Likes

I was accepted and requested biochemistry, but my assigned major says “in the College of Arts and Sciences.” Does this mean something different than being assigned Pre Sciences?

Hope not because of her age or homeschool. How’s her EC and essay? Hope she can appeal.

Yes. He will / has gotten into more selective programs but SU job placement looks good. I thought they might be up and coming? New head of school, Stem building.

1 Like

It seems so random. She could go to community college than transfer to UW next year. I don’t anything about Design major but since it is not Computer Science transferring to UW shouldn’t be hard.

1 Like

How do you see if you were awarded a p and g?

There is a link to it on the right side of your portal

1 Like

If you are OOS, should be on the decision result page