UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

On MyUW if you go to Academics there should be a link to your Unofficial Transcript on the right side of the screen under “Grades & Transcripts.”

Thank you! I think you did get into your major because I applied for biology but my major says pre-science so congrats!!

3.97 UW
35 ACT
800 Math 2 & Chemistry
Lots of self started projects and service
Sports Captain, etc
In-state Applicant

Accepted for Computer Science direct-to-major admission.

3 Likes

is pre-science hard to get into direct major?

4.1 Weighted (high school has grade deflation), test-optional, Lots of extracurriculars, founder of a business, took one college business course, and waitlisted OOS for business administration :((

DD Accepted. OOS. 3.9 W/4.4 UW. We have family in Seattle so we’re excited!!

1 Like

My son was denied. OOS (CA)
ACT 36 / GPA 3.98UW, 4.69 W / 12 APs 4 &5s / 12 College Courses:
Own SW business and Mathnasium Instructor
Accepted at Purdue/GeorgiaTech/UT Austin/UIUC/UCI (Regents) - All for CS.

Wow - that’s weird. So sorry
My kid kind of opposite - didn’t get into UT and no regents for UCI still waiting on regular acceptance, but did get into UW (business not cs though)

1 Like

those are good colleges. cheer
I am not surprised he will get acceptance of Ivies and other top schools.

2 Likes

Thx - Posted here to share, how competitive things are and how random acceptances can get.

2 Likes

I think many OOS CS applicants (including us) did not realize that OOS admit rates last year was just 2% for OOS (vs. over 30% for in-state) for CS direct admits, maybe even lower this year given the increase in apps. That is even harder than being admitted to MIT/Stanford/Ivies. Had we realized this during application season, I would probably have advised my son to skip. On their Allen School website, they talked about how they expanded the CS department a few years back to accommodate the sky-rocketing interest in CS, but specifically referred to the benefit accruing to in-state students.

3 Likes

Accepted for “Pre Major in Arts and Sciences” means you are rejected for your chosen major!

We knew but took a shot anyway and S did the Coalition app just for them. But have more bases covered.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate to the engineering college for the “engineering undeclared”?

2 Likes

This is what it says on my portal:

You requested the following major: Political Science in the College of Arts and Sciences

Your assigned major: in the College of Arts and Sciences

Does this mean i did or did not get into the poli sci major? Kinda confusing lol

You requested the following major: Physics in the College of Arts and Sciences

Your assigned major: in the College of Arts and Sciences

(So it’s the same as yours.)

Per their site: Most students are given “pre-major” at the time of admission, including those who were not admitted direct to major or direct to college. The list below shows what may be requested on the application along with what is given in the offer letter if admitted. Admission to majors – Welcome New Huskies

1 Like

At UW you need to apply to most majors before your junior year, as they are capacity constrained. The only direct admissions are to CS, Engineering and Business. If you look at the website of your desired department, it will provide information on how to become that major. Some just require minimum requirements, and others involve an application process.

I was accepted!

5 Likes

Waitlist. CS