UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Accepted with a small Purple and Gold scholarship for Business Admin!

2 Likes

Look at your unofficial transcript and see what it says for major

Agree - In hindsight should not have pushed my son to apply here - we made a ranked list of CS and applied to some top schools + UCs + Couple of State schools as backups.

I respectfully disagree with you. What was the downside of applying? You and your son did well in applying, it’s a spectacular graduate program.

My OOS daughter was accepted with a Purple and Gold scholarship for Psychology!

3 Likes

I got in! In-state DA CS :-)))

5 Likes

Did anyone get an email? My son got in OOS (North Carolina!) in pre social science and is very excited. Coming from out of state and no $$ offering, not sure we will do it. But it has been his dream school since he was in the 7th grade…so we’ll see. We didn’t get an email yet…or at least my son didn’t see one!

1 Like

Have any in-state students gotten any merit awards of any kind? Or is this purple and gold business strictly for OOS students?

The other public universities in WA like WWU and WSU all offer in-state merit awards but I haven’t seen any sign of that at UW. I’m just curious if they even do any in-state merit awards.

Yes, and you can see an entire list on the website.

Purple & Gold is just for OOS students. I don’t really know if anyone posted about any of the other scholarships.

It looks to me like it is just a list of one. The only in-state merit scholarship they even list is the $10,000 Presidential Scholarship with zero information on how many they give out or what criteria they use to award it. All the other scholarships are either OOS or need-based diversity scholarships.

Curious how many of those $10,000 Presidential Scholarships they give out per year.

Here is the web site:
Scholarships | Office of Admissions

Accepted engineering undeclared. OOS w/Purple & Gold $3k.

Beyond the DTC stats on the UW website, does anyone have insight into how competitive it is for MechEng once you are in engineering? Son is a solid student (not 4.0) but not keen on another four years of an uber-competitive environment like his high school. Is exceeding GPA requirements plus involvement in 1-2 major-related clubs/activities going to be enough or is there another rat race ahead? He does not want to feel like he needs to secure a research fellowship before he even starts undergrad.

3 Likes

Daughter accepted - OOS w/P&G $3k

1 Like

DS accepted, instate, to Engineering undeclared. GPA somewhere around a 4.0. Lots of ECs and work experience. Good luck to all!

1 Like

Does the financial aid show on your portal?

My scholarship was the next line after the admissions decision, copy and pasted here:

"Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you admission to the Seattle campus of the University of Washington for autumn quarter 2021. Official welcome materials have been mailed to you. You may now choose to accept or decline your offer of admission online. The deadline to confirm your enrollment is May 1, 2021.

Congratulations! You’ve been awarded the Purple & Gold Scholarship in the amount of $3000 per year."

3 Likes

Thank you!

Admitted Engineering Undeclared (in-state)

I’m an early graduate (one year early) with an SAT score of 1540 (taken one time) and a GPA of 4.0 (UW). I have a variety of ecs, nothing dramatic (only one sport: bowling). 100+ hours of volunteer work at a hospital. Congratulations to everyone!!

3 Likes

OOS students bring in the big bucks. $60k+. Giving a small merit is one method of retention. Admission optimization is complex, similar to the way airlines fill seats.

They take mostly in state candidates per the UW website