UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hey for people who get in pre-sciences, I just started a new thread here UW Class of 2025 Pre-Sciences Admitted - #2 by juediwushi to discuss what we do next. Join us if you can!

Accepted - OOS
Computer Science Major
SAT:1350
UW GPA: 3.96
W GPA: 4.155

3 Likes

Purple & Gold Scholarship $4200 per year ^^^

3 Likes

Daughter P&G scholarship $7200 per year.

3 Likes

Have they released how many on the waitlist this year?

1 Like

I want to know this too so far it looks like many were put on the waitlist including myself

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/expect-college-wait-lists-to-be-obnoxiously-long-this-year-11615377600

1 Like

My DD was accepted into CS:
OOS
ACT:36
UW GPA: 4.0
W GPA: 4.58
NM Finalist (was semifinalist when applying)

4 Likes

I was placed on it as well lol

I don’t know how it works in WA but I think in CA, if you are from a non-accredited school, like many homeschools, you go into a different pot. You don’t get one of the slots reserved for the high stats students in your area. So you’re competing with OOS and international for limited spots.

1 Like

can someone make a decision poll? I really want to see what the turnout looked like this year… a lot of my friends got rejected/waitlisted and had much better stats than me …

2 Likes

Someone told me that OOS UW student can pay in-state tuition after the freshman year? I really doubt it though but just want to make sure. Thanks.

It is more complicated then that.

If you are financially independent (receiving no aid from your parents) then you can establish residency in WA but you have to take a lot of steps to do so.

If you are financially dependent (getting support from your parents) then BOTH you and your parents have to establish residency in WA. If your parents continue to work out of state and you are dependent on them, then you can’t gain WA residency for tuition purposes. They have to move to WA too.

The UW web site lays it out: Residency for Tuition Purposes - Office of the University Registrar

That’s insane! OOS CS last year had an acceptance rate of 2.5%

Thank you!

Well, funny thing is we didn’t know such a low OOS CS direct admission rate in UW until yesterday. Otherwise she might not have applied. :grin:. Anyone knows when the final FA information will come out? Thanks!

https://www.washington.edu/financialaid/applying-for-aid/key-dates-and-deadlines/. Not seeing the date

Did anyone who applied as a non-performance music major (theory, history, education, composition) receive a departmental admissions decision yet? Thanks!

Just saw an earlier post by @lighthink: “I think only OOS merit scholarships so far, financial aid to be sent out by end of March”. My DD was awarded $7200 P&G scholarship so far.

1 Like

Here’s a website with stats from the last few years. Look at the Summer 2020 placement cycle under the Autumn 2019 cohort for a feel for competitiveness.