UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I don’t think OOS kids get much more than the P&G. Their NPC is down now, but when I ran it before with an EFC less than half the cost of attendance, it only showed a grant of $3k. This year, it appears the highest P&G is $7200. They say it varies year to year, but it has usually been $8400. So it doesn’t look like they have the money to be generous this year.

They put their fin aid money into the Husky Promise which says residents will be given grants and scholarships to cover all need and those will increase with tuition increases.

That’s a bummer. I was hoping she can receive some need-based aids on top of the P&G scholarship. $60k+/yr is quite a stretch for us :frowning_face:

I know, it’s the biggest downside of UW for OOS kids.

For those of you who are mentioning stats including ACT or SAT scores, did you submit these with your application? I thought that they were test blind this year, meaning they just admitted based on GPA, course rigor and ECs.

1 Like

If that’s the case, now I know why I didn’t get any money…

My DD didn’t submit any tests because she was unable to sit for any tests due to 5+ cancellations. She was accepted and received a P&G scholarship. Small, but it’s something. We’re OOS.

2 Likes

I did send my official SAT score, and the score was displayed on my applicant status page. (I’m in-state.)

On the UW website, it says it is technically test-optional, but scores won’t be a big factor, if a factor at all, in the admission decision. If you just search “UW test-optional”, there should be a UW page about test scores that shows up (It won’t let me link the page, sorry!).

My daughter got a letter last night (OOS) saying that she did not get any aid.

I started a thread for pre science acceptance UW Class of 2025 Pre-Sciences Admitted - #5 by ucbalumnus; join if you want

UW was completely test blind in admissions this year. However, they had a wacky policy (which is on the admissions pages somewhere) whereby if your test score was in the top quartile (so outside the middle 50% range) they would look at the score and consider it before waitlisting or rejecting you. My S had an unweighted GPA on the low end of the middle 50% range for OOS students (3.8) and an SAT score in the top quartile (1540). He was waitlisted, and I would bet any other year he would have been accepted. I didn’t see many acceptances on this thread below 3.9 gpa, so it got a lot more competitive with test-blind.

1 Like

I think this is true for my S. He had over a 3.9 and a 33 ACT score and was waitlisted, but we expected him to get in for pre-science and rejected for CS.

OOS Daughter Accepted to UW but not offered direct admit to Foster. Awarded Purple & Gold Scholarship of $4200. 34 ACT, 4.0 UW, top 2% of class of 575, excellent ECs, Letters of Rec, and essays. She will not be attending due to much better offers with substantial scholarships at better ranked undergrad business schools. Good luck everyone, wherever you go! Onwards!

I have a question for students who got accepted in Pre science major. I am OOS applied for Informatics but I got admitted in Pre Arts&Science major not even in Pre informatics. Any idea what that means for me.

UW doesn’t require LOR :slight_smile:

What are you saying?

You will take some required courses for your intended major and apply for major declaration. Informatics have capacity-constraint.

http://www.washington.edu/uaa/advising/degree-overview/majors/list-of-undergraduate-majors/

Just noticed that you responded so someone else’s message. Sorry!

Thanks. Is it hard to get in Informatics?

They would have atleast given me Pre major why arts & science…

Could she go to UDUB Bothell and then transfer after a couple of quarters? I know a lot of students that start out in Bothell and move to Seattle campus.