UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hi lemonlulu-I am aware that UW does not require LOCs. I was just passing along her general “application package” for anyone who is interested in seeing the type of student she is and what other colleges were able to see. Her coursework was the most rigorous offered at her high school as well (I forgot to mention that) for those of you that would like to know for comparison sake… I know that’s what I have always found most worthwhile when perusing the College Confidential threads.

yes, informatics is under Information School, you should call the office to find out why A&S.

Ok. Thank you.

Where did you find the 2.5% oos for cs data?

https://www.cs.washington.edu/academics/ugrad/admissions/direct
68 out of 2893 for last year

2 Likes

Do you happen to know if they provide data like this for their engineering program? Just curious what the acceptance rate is for the “engineering undeclared” program.

1 Like

son accepted
OOS
34 ACT
4.5 weighted GPA, 4.0 unweighted GPA
Finance major
P&G merit scholarship

2 Likes

Not sure. I could only find the CS related stats on Paul G. Allen School site.

1 Like

Did anyone’s assigned major change from “in the College of Arts and Sciences” to the actual major they requested?

Mine went from “you requested the following major: Business Administration in the Foster School of Business
Your assigned major: in the Foster School of Business” to "you requested the following major: Business Administration in the Foster School of Business
Your assigned major: Business Administration in the Foster School of Business "

1 Like

That means that we are directly admitted to our major right?

Accepted! w/ P&G scholarship
OOS, English Major
3.4 UW/3.7 W (excluding freshman year: 3.8 UW/4.3 W), 6 APs
29 ACT
Good ECs & leadership, great essays

3 Likes

Pretty sure! You can also check your unofficial transcript on netid under “academics” to double-check

You requested the following major: Physics in the College of Arts and Sciences
Your assigned major: Pre Sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences

What exactly is “Pre Sciences”?

undeclared/no major

I am also trying to figure that out. I requested for Informatics and my assigned major says Pre major ( Arts&Sciences). So very confused:(

My DS was denied for Comp Eng.

OOS
3.86 UW / 4.3 W, 7 APs
1550 SAT / 34 ACT
Football / Lacrosse / Band / Eagle Scout

Already accepted at Purdue, Illinois (in state for us), and waiting on Michigan and Northwestern, so have some great options.

He fell in love with the campus and the area when we were vacationing in Portland/Seattle a couple years ago, but at the end of the day was probably going to be a bit far from home coming right out of Covid. Congrats to all who were accepted!

It tells you what majors you can get into DA and what it will say if you did not get DA

In state, I got accepted. I have a 4.0 uw high school gpa, a running start student for junior and senior year ( I heard a rumor that uw loves rs) will be receiving my Associates Degree. I took any ap classes I could in high school. I didn’t really have EC’s tho so I didn’t think I would get in. But I did volunteer at my old middle school to tutor for a bit. I was majorly involved in helping care for younger siblings, and I have held part time jobs. I think my essays were strong as they were very personal. Idk I’m just glad I got in.
*edit
Also to mention I went beyond the minimum for my math classes and I took a math course almost every quarter at my RS college

2 Likes

OOS denied acceptance. Applied bioengineering.
Rank 1 out of 180
UGPA 4.0
13 APs (National AP Scholar)
National Merit Finalist
ACT: 35 ​
Varsity XC and Soccer (all 4 years of HS)
Multiple school leadership positions
4-year internship at major sport organization
Longterm volunteer work at large healthcare group
Winner of state science fair and alumnus of ISEF

It’s hard to be rejected when you don’t understand why! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE who were accepted.