UW-Madison economics in entertainment or European business

<p>Hey Badgers,</p>

<pre><code> I am transfer student who got into UW-madison and as an economics major I wanted to know how strong is the economics degree in the following two things (Hollywood business and European business)
</code></pre>

<li><p>Although Wisconsin is known for its loyal large alumni and national recognition, will this help me to apply for jobs in Hollywood where I will be competing against UCLA and USC grads who are more likely to have a better chance then me in getting hired.</p></li>
<li><p>I am interested in working in Paris or Rome either in finance or other stuff. Is there a significant alumni network in these two places or do the European companies prefer people from European schools?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks in advance!!!</p>

<p>I can tell you, that UW-Madison is ranked jointly with UMich in 11th place, nationwide for Economics. </p>

<p>As for jobs many choose to stay in the midwest and recruiters I beilive are from the midwest, but if you want to go to Hollywood or California, you can. A UW-Madison degree is equally prestigious as a USC or a UCLA degree. </p>

<p>As for alumni, why dont you check out the alumni pages, and see if they have a French or Italian chapter?</p>

<p>Check out Hollywoodbadgers.com</p>