UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

Lol don’t believe Louise that is absurd.

According to last year, they have to be released tonight

i really hope so :frowning:

While I don’t know that @louise423 has any type of inside information, but I would not be surprised at all if 20% or less applicants have received a response so far. There seems to be a general thought on this board that because others have received their decision already, then mine must be coming soon (or somehow they forgot about me). That’s not necessarily true at all. They have until January 31st to make a decision and for many applicants, that is how long it will take (just look at previous year’s threads and last years UW admin twitter account postings). To quote Aaron Rodgers, “R-E-L-A-X”. Whether you get a decision now or a month from now…you will eventually get a decision.

Have to be? Why?..because that’s what they did last year? Maybe they will do what they did last year and maybe they won’t. They really don’t have to do anything until January 31st.

My daughter is a current soph at UW-Madison. UW was the last decision that she got despite applying during the early period. She got her decision the last Friday of January. We are Michigan residents. It was almost a deal killer. It seems that UW releases decisions in batches without any pattern. We now wait for my son but expect it to be next month. Don’t panic!

I think it’s very unlikely that a decision will come out this week (but I hope I’m wrong!!!) given that they just released a wave on Friday. Isn’t it their usual pattern to send out decisions in a few waves, each 2-3 weeks apart? They may have released on a Tuesday last year, but I doubt they did it on the preceding Friday as well. I imagine they need time to choose the next group.

I think the OOS folks are holding out hope for tonight since it appears that only Wisconsin residents heard last week and some OOS candidates heard before Christmas in 2014.

If the decision is not out by 8ish we are gonna have to wait until next week :frowning:

I thought they don’t work next week

Don’t give up hope! I have NO inside knowledge other than having one daughter who went through this four years ago and the younger one just getting accepted on Friday night. But I have a feeling Bucky wants to make people happy before Christmas and decisions may come tonight or even tomorrow. Students are still taking final exams tomorrow so the campus is not shut down.

this is especially killing me because although my GPA is above UW’s average my ACT is slightly lower (28)…I’m not a good test taker and the deadline for February ACT is Jan 8 if I am deferred because of it. Also do you receive and email as soon as your portal is updated or is it delayed?

12/22/2015 Tuesday - 6:45 pm - anyone get news today?

i hope tonight !!!

Nothing for me

Anyone hear anything?

They aren’t coming out tonight. This is super frustrating.

international students…
Also got an email from College of Agricultural & Life Sciences Scholarship Application which asks me to apply for scholarships. Don’t get decison yet.
Do you think the mail is the pre-signal of acceptance ? Confusing…

I thought they gave 25th-75th percentile ranges, not averages of the ACT scores of all admitted students.

RELAX as above posters state. Obsessing will not change anything. Get a life. There is still over a month to apply and for the early birds to hear from UW.

Relax? Why don’t you relax, Mr. 10,150 posts! You’re like Wooderson from Dazed & Confused. Get a life.

@BillPilgrim Hahaha I think you’re the one who needs to calm down. Judging from the username and joined date, @wis75 is likely to be a parent and an alumni of Wisconsin. You might want to check the person’s profile before you decide to stereotype him/her into a “Wooderson from Dazed & Concused.”