UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

I am so tired of this waiting. You better accept me.

Is it weird that I find it almost rude for UW to wait until AFTER the deadlines for most other colleges to release decisions for OOS applicants? Feels like a slap in the face… Now I’m sitting here deciding whether to spend another couple hundred dollars on applications, when I know I would go to Madison if accepted. #@$&@

Did you expect any different? If the school says no later than January 31, you shouldn’t expect to receive a decision until the 31st.

In state kids got their decision last week @jpamsel

Patience is required. It could be worse. Like private schools without rolling admissions you could have to wait until sometime in March. People can still apply this month- there will be those who did not get an early decision from some elite schools who will finally apply to their safety.

Stop dissing admissions, folks. Just a few years ago they did not have an answer promised by the end of January- you’re lucky they now do.

@pepper1700 I think you are missing the point though… They said by the end of January, meaning they may wait until the END of January. You shouldn’t expect any sooner than that, and any sooner is just an added bonus. It is not fair to be mad when they clearly state their deadline for a notification. Also, they are by no means way later than other schools. I won’t hear back from a couple I applied to until the end of March. Patience is a virtue!

@wis75 Are people allowed to express their opinion or ask for other people’s opinions of their chances without you belittling them and destroying the worth of their comment? After just looking over the comments, I see that you have been the source of a lot of negativity on this thread. Enough, man.

Guys calm down, I have been reading this for some time now, the comments that wis75 have said do have truth to them. As bad as it may seem, colleges can’t accept everyone because they simply don’t have the space. However, people sometimes get into a school that they don’t expect to, so don’t give up. Stop hating on wis75 because he’s being brutally honest at times. Also chancing people should be taken with a grain of salt because no one on here knows exactly how admissions work or the complete story of the applicant. Rant over.

Anyone hear anything yet?

@coffee18 nope. starting to get seriously ticked. whatever.

Same. Anticipation killin me

Ugh I wanted tonight to be the night!

Maybe we have to wait until the next Friday

How do you withdraw an application if you were accepted early decision elsewhere? Can’t find it on the Student Center.

My DC couldn’t find instructions on the Student Center either, so she just emailed Admissions to withdraw her app after accepting an EA offer. Not sure if that was the right approach – she didn’t get any response.

@anneabeau @exacademic I suggest emailing your specific regional representative. I have found that they respond rather quickly.

Anneabeau & Exacademic, I’m interested in knowing where you ended up deciding to enroll…congrats

SMU in Dallas.

Guys, you have to be patient.

Admissions is taking their time. You have to be sure to apply to enough other schools so you are fine no matter what they do. If you don’t have a good back up in place, there are still some rolling schools you can apply to.

how does the mechanical engineering program at wisconsin compare to that at purdue? ( I already got into Purdue) so wondering whether I should even be anxious for the wisconsin decision…