UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

Will decisions come out today as well and throughout the weekend or was it just yesterday?

“Why has no one heard back?”

A) Two people posted yesterday that they received replies (one got accepted, one was postponed)
B) All the speculation on this site that the first wave of decisions will be released this week are just guesses based on what has happened in the past. No one really knows outside of the admissions office at Wisconsin.

I heard that there is no reason why certain people hear back earlier than others (doesn’t matter about when app was submitted).

I love UW-Madison; it is one of my top choices!! Chances???

3.81 unweighted and 4.45 weighted cumulative GPA unweighted through end of junior year (sent in 1st MP grades as well-- 3.87 unweighted, 4.67 weighted). 31 ACT.
Internship with nonprofit organization, founder of a youth leadership group, and mentor to underprivileged children.
Applied to Letters and Sciences with Biology major (on pre-med track).
OOS applicant (NJ)

LMK!!!

“Your application will be reviewed by one of our admission counselors as a part of our first notification period. During the review we may request additional materials. You will be notified by email when a decision is made so that you can check back here for updates on your application status. Visit our web site to view decision notification dates.” still on this. @AWASS23 where did you hear this? Yea, you’ll be in no problem.

Anyone else having trouble launching Student Centre in MyUW?

I applied on November 1st but one of my documents reached them after the transcript deadline so I’m guessing I won’t be considered in the early notification period. Also, my Student Centre is not launching?

@Rahulbarcafan I read on one of the college confidential posts from last year that the decisions are released at random. Sending in the application early does not mean you will hear back sooner.

It doesn’t really make sense to me; I just thought I would share the info to make everyone feel a little better about not being accepted on Friday!!!

1. @nerdking my student center also isn't working. Is the student center down for everyone?
  2. I'm confused, so I guess the first wave is going to be next friday?

Mine down as well
Hopefully it doesn’t mean we got rejected!!

@CTtosomewhereHJ8 I doubt that. Because my application probably won’t even be counted in the first round of notification, so it should be a glitch. :slight_smile:

Mine down as well …

D’s isn’t launching either.

Yeah, my son’s is not launching as well. I know that Minnesota has a notice on their tracker that it will be down every Sunday from 6am to noon for scheduled maintenance. Perhaps Wisconsin does something similar but just doesn’t notify users about it.

@BrewCrew82 think this is a sign that a decision is being made?

@Rahulbarcafan Maybe. Or could just be maintenance.

@nerdking Hoping its because of a decision being made:P

Not really, just sight maintenance.

one of my friends called the office yesterday and they said the “first wave” was not released yet! So no one should have heard from them last friday. Are we sure of anyone getting results?
I’m assuming the first wave is going to be next Friday.

Yeah…thought it was kind of odd that only 2 people posted on Friday that they got results. Seems like if they were actually starting to release decisions, more people would have been posting. Hope I’m wrong about the 2 people that made posts, but sometimes you have to account for “trolls” posting false information on these sites.

@BrewCrew82 I really don’t know. He/she mentioned he applied 2 weeks before November 2nd which is not that early. I know lots of people who applied the second it was available and had very good stats. And he was out of state which is weird because in-states tend to get results earlier. Not saying they lied but weird…