UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

Rejected
CT
Sat 1900
GPA: around 3.6

will try @Madison85

@Madison85 apparently NetID issues can’t be resolved over chat?? also, it supposedly shut down at 10 pm. thanks for your help!

Will UW send a formal letter of acceptance as well?

Accepted!!
33 ACT
3.6 gpa
Many EC’s- Class Vice President
Currently have a brother who is a sophomore there

@Syke2020 I believe you receive the same letter that can be viewed on your my.wisc.edu account.

Accepted
OOS-NJ
Stats:
SAT: Math: 740, CR: 680 W:680 T:2100
SAT IIs: E-Bio: 740 Math 1: 680
GPA: 3.25 UW 3.9 W

Extra-Curriculars:
Three season varsity runner and captain winter and spring track
On school’s Honor Committee
member of many clubs
Certified EMT (500ish service hours)

Summer Work Experience
Hostess at a Diner
Sailing Instructor

Accepted - OOS from Tennessee, intend to major in chemical engineering
32 ACT (32M, 35E, 31S, 29R, 36W)
4.0 GPA, #1 ranked in class
Two varsity sports, lots of leadership activities, volunteer work, etc.

Accepted OOS (Idaho)
SAT:1980
GPA: UW 3.66 W:3.9
9 AP’s
Soccer captain, nanny, singing, piano, and volunteer work for domestic violence and breast cancer awareness
I’m so ecstatic! Wisco is my top choice and the first place I’ve heard from!

Accepted- OOS from Maryland
SAT: 1870
GPA 3.77 UW 5.00 W
Several ECs
National Honor Society, Math National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society
So Excited!

Accepted!!

I have one issue
I had applied to the College of Letters and Sciences for Computer Science
But my acceptance letter only mentioned that I have been accepted to the College of Letters and Sciences but there’s no mention of CS :confused:
So how do I check which major I have been accepted to??

@KjInternational You can declare a CS major so long as you take the proper classes at UW-Madison. You don’t have to be accepted to the CS program. For more info see https://www.cs.wisc.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/cs-major-requirements

This is plainly spelled out on the UW Madison website and is discussed in depth by UW visiting admissions reps. Many people on CC mention being admitted for some particular major, but it’s an intended major that categorizes you for your initial advising sessions at SOAR and in freshman year.

“All students are initially admitted into the university and not into specific programs and majors. Admission to the university does not guarantee admission into a specific major program or college. In all cases, admission to intended majors is a separate procedure, application, and/or review process. Most programs have additional GPA, prerequisite course work, and/or audition or portfolio requirements. To learn more about the admission expectations, requirements, and procedures for the major of interest to you, consult our Entrance Requirements for Undergraduate Majors.”

Thank you for the info @CollegeMan91 @Leyland

@CollegeMan91
Yes. However, the College of Music auditions all applicants before acceptance and it’s a completely separate admit from the university admit. And music curriculum is 4 years . You get right to it freshman year.

@Musicallax Okay… I was only talking about computer science though. I don’t know how other majors work.

OOS postponed. 30 ACT and 3.5 uw and 3.9W with 6 AP classes and lots of leadership

@evamichelle11 From what I’ve heard Michigan did not reject anyone in the first round of admissions…only deferred

My son was accepted - OOS (CT). 4.0 weighted GPA, 30 ACT. This was his #1 choice - very excited.

D ACCEPTED OOS (Michigan)
33 ACT
3.865 weighted GPA
10 APs + 1 college class
Strong sports and other EC’s