UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

@25senior25 ask your HS counselor.

My son, also admitted, had the same request for Semester 7 grades. He took care of it and mentioned it to me after the fact.

It seemed odd (not a concern) to request semester grades when he will need to send his final transcript. I too think it is just to keep them a little on their toes.

They asked us to self report our first semester grades and when they get your final transcript they will check to make sure you were honest in the grades and classes you reported. I think it is yeah, one way to make sure students remember that even though they’re admitted they need to continue to do well, but also a way to test integrity and if they can follow directions

Accepted OOS from California.
28ACT 30 superscore with 34 in math
3.6 unweighted
did not send semester grades
did not send letter of interest
outstanding extracurricular volunteer work
great and unusual essays
scholar athlete of my school
applied to college of letters and sciences

@bosstronaut did you just get accepted this past weekend and were you postponed originally or did you submit your application after the first deadline of November 1st?

@BrewCrew82 I was not postponed originally. I was accepted as part of the first decision notification.

Does anyone applied RD hear anything yet?

@Klossy Nope I havent heard anything, heard stuff comes out March 22 or something (I am OOS)

I was postponed. Is it hard to get off of postponed like a waitlist or do a lot of students end up getting accepted? I don’t want to get my hopes up but I really want to go here and I am really nervously awaiting the decision…

I was postponed. Is it hard to get off of postponed like a waitlist or do a lot of students end up getting accepted? I don’t want to get my hopes up but I really want to go here and I am really nervously awaiting the decision…

Postponed means they haven’t made the final decision yet. A large number of students are still in limbo.

Does anyone know when postponed kids start hearing back?

@uwmadisonhopeful I have looks at several threads from last year and the year before to try to get some idea of when postponed students might hear back. I posted this a while ago in another thread…

Here are some threads from last year. Seems like March 20th and 25th were big dates for decisions for postponed applicants

In this thread March 20th begin at response 156, March 25th at response 194. Also looks like some decisions on March 27th.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-wisconsin-madison/1722328-acceptances-p11.html

response 17, 19, and 21 in this thread. Notice 21 got waitlisted after originally being postponed (ugghhh!)

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-wisconsin-madison/1747304-university-of-wisconsin-class-of-2019-postponed-early-action.html#latest

So, I’m hoping that some decisions may come out this Friday (the 18th - that would be the 3rd Friday in March, same as last year when the 3rd Friday in March was on the 20th). Also, I would look at your Financial Aid information in your Student Center in “MyUW”. Right now I’m assuming that it shows no information (if you are a postponed student). Again, based on posts from last year, this appears to change about 12 hours before the decision is released (and appears to mean you are accepted if it changes to give you dates to click on).

@BrewCrew82 that post was super helpful thank you!!!

Glad to hear it @njclass2016 ! Also, just as an illustration of what I mean by the financial aid information changing using posts from last year:

See post #16 is this thread from @BaseballBucky and post #17 from @ad1172 and the subsequent posts (#18- #20). Note that these posts are time stamped on 3-25 at 7:28am and 7:36am:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/18273509/#Comment_18273509

Then @BaseballBucky and @ad1172 post that they got accepted on that same day (3-25) in a different thread at 7:09pm and 7:22pm (reply #1 and reply #4):

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/18277284/#Comment_18277284

So, about 12 hours from when his financial aid page changed to when they were admitted. We have been checking the financial aid page every morning!

I’m hoping that starting today postponed and 2nd admit applicants will start getting responses. Last year it started on the 3rd Friday in March and then continued through the rest of the month. As mentioned above check your financial aid status in the morning as a possible early indicator. My son’s has not changed as of 7:15 this morning. Good luck to all those still waiting a decision!

Yeah guys let’s be more active because I’m dying here. My financial aid information wasn’t found and I’m kinda bummed out

@ipster do you mean by “wasn’t found” that it “wasn’t updated”? Last year decisions did not start until the 20th and went all the way until the 28th. Seems like several in-state students got decisions on the 25th. So, be patient, it shouldn’t be too much longer now.

my financial aid information wasn’t updated either

My financial aid changed slightly, it still says not found, but bellow that it says please update FAFSA to see aid for the specific year and I can go to a whole account summary thing. Does anyone else have this?