UW Madison Fall 2016 Transfer Thread.

Nvm! I found the transfer acceptance rate through “College Portrait.” According to the website, for Fall 2015 they accepted 2,149 students out of 4,620 (47%). Gluck guys!

http://www.collegeportraits.org/WI/UW-Madison/undergrad_admissions

An admissions counselor sent me this via email

“Last year we had 6,060 transfer applicants, and 2,583 of them were admitted into the university”

Yea but the 6,060 applicants was throughout the entire year and they accept a lot less in the spring. For the fall there was 4,620 and they accepted 2,149. 46.5% acceptance

@fgishsh4444 correct, and based on this info, I’m always curious as to why there’s this popular opinion that transferring into UW is easier than entering as a freshman, if the acceptance rates are almost the same. If anything, I’d imagine its more difficult, considering the grades needed to transfer need to be earned with college coursework instead of high school level.

Let’s hope today is the day!

Agreed!!! @badgers27

How do I login to check my application status? When I tried to use my email to get my forgotten net id, it said that my email address doesn’t have a net id. When I put my campus id to get my net id, it says that i already have a net id. What should I do?

@206fall2016 I think I once got into your problem. I called them and a man told me my ID and password :D.

Is there a way to get that information tonight so I can view my decision? @Tunphraong

If you get a decision tonight you should get an email.

@TransferMinn Would the email give me my decision or would I have to login to view my decision?

Anybody hear anything?

Well that was a lot of hype for nothing. Wow I’m really bummed out.

@kst7114 I haven’t heard anything yet.

Not yet…

Actually when I applied last year, the result came out at 8PM

When I was accepted last year it was just an email saying there’s a decision. You should call someone to get your net ID.

For all we know they might make a decision on April 30th

@madison2016 From looking at a bunch of tweets of people who said they got accepted, they typically sent those tweets right after 7 so I’m pretty sure it is 7PM

On a Friday?

no decision ):