UW Madison Fall 2016 Transfer Thread.

@TransferFromEC you can always register then drop. They haven’t exceeded the deadline so it’s perfectly fair.

Does anybody know how was the 2016 Spring semester’s transfer acceptance rate ?
Two of my friends who have 4.00/4.00 got denied.
However, they finally got admitted by U Michigan.
What’s wrong with UW

@Natalie278 I sounds like no/hardly any transfer students have heard a response yet and if an earlier post is to be believed, they didn’t even start looking at transfer apps until about a week ago. It’s not that fucking hard look at my application and see if my 4.00 is enough for them or not. And judging by @madison2016 's comment, it sounds like it could not be. As much as I want to get into Madison, it is run by some stupid people.

@madison2016 Spring transfer acceptance rate has been known to be very low in the past, but acceptance rate for Fall is 47.2% last year if I remember correctly!
@TransferFromEC There’s more that comes into play for an application than GPA, hence “holistic review.” There’s been rumors flying around that budget cuts have also affected UW admissions, and also a larger amount of applicants, so it makes sense they’d take a little longer. Frankly, they promised to release decisions by the end of April, so you have nothing to complain about. And if it’s run by “stupid people” as you say, don’t go.

@Natalie278 I have to go there. Only place that has Comm. Arts degree in the area.

I’m getting tired of checking :frowning:

@TransferFromEC UW-Milwaukee I’m fairly sure has a program similar in focus.

@TransferFromEC HEY! I’m also from Eau Claire looking to go into communication arts at Madison!

Feeling everyone’s frustration ( especially because I was admitted and accepted to my major at UW already but not the university yet ) but there is less than two weeks left. These next few weeks will be over before you know it! Stay positive and be patient:)

@MadwthanE

Just curious, how did you get accepted to your major but not the university? Congrats on getting into your major btw!

@1NMRes thanks! The School of Education elementary education major has a seperate application from the University’s admissions. The School of Education emailed me an acceptance to my major that is continent upon my acceptance to the University.

you mean contingent.

Oops! Yes haha contingent**

Hi guys, does anybody know what is “Courses in Progress Spring” document means? UW-Madison admission office asks me to submit this document with my current college transcript (include winter 2016 quarter grade), but i’m not sure how can i prove my current quarter (2016 spring) classes? Is there any official document? or they want to see my schedule??

Aren’t your current courses in progress on your transcript?

Seattle for this document I took screen shots of my course schedule. In my case I need to finish my foreign language requirement for acceptance so they needed to know that I was in progress of finishing it

This weekend? I think it might be possible.

Hopefully!

Crossing my fingers for this weekend haha!

Good luck to everyone! Also, I don’t know if you guys know about this for housing but if anyone isn’t doing the dorms there is a Facebook page for your transfer class and also a sublet and roommate page for the Univeristy in general! I know I was worried about that last year. The wait is almost over! :slight_smile: