UW Madison Fall 2016 Transfer Thread.

Wouldn’t they send out denials first so they know who they have left to accept? Idk. I’d rather know if I got denied now than next week because I have finals the following week.

Just cause you didn’t find out does NOT mean you where denied… one more week to go!

It will be 56 after this semester

@Natalie278

I have a question regarding credits, does anyone know the lowest grade that will be accepted as transfer credit at UW madison?

@basedghoul I recieved a D in calculus and admissions said they’d accept it, so if it’s the final course you need for a degree then I think a D is fine!

Got a lot of my final homework assignments and extracurricular events this week, on top of knowing I’m going to find out this Friday, it’s gonna be a real long week >.<

@Natalie278 thanks, I was wondering just in case the worst scenario happens in my calc class.

Last night, I got emailed saying that a decision has been made. I have not been able to check my decision because I can’t login for some reason. Did anyone get rejected last night? And if I get accepted, would I get mailed an acceptence letter and would I get emailed about being invited to a admitted transfer student event?

I was accepted as well last night! Can’t wait to be a Badger!

Against what I truly believed, I was accepted last night. Only thing is I have to get rid of my apartment lease I signed for next year! Anyone know how hard it is to transfer into the College of Engineering after we get a semester under our belts at UW?

Also, good luck to all those that haven’t heard back yet! I had a 3.7 in sophomore level engineering courses (Physics with Calc, Calc 3, etc) so don’t worry too much!

@austriken are you saying not to worry because you believe your grades were poor? Those are fantastic! Of course you got in!

@206fall2016 No you won’t get any email other than the one saying that your decision is available. So don’t worry. But just make sure you contact admissions office to be sure.

I just want to know whether there r some rejected. Or……the rest of us who have not received anything r all rejected ORZ @Sconnie23 @austriken

@206fall2016 What browser were you using? For some reason, Chrome and Firefox give me issues logging in and only Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer seem to work for my NetID login. I’ve tried on multiple computers.

I got accepted Friday evening. I’m a MN community college student who applied as a math major (but now planning on statistics and philosophy, followed by law school).
GPA: 3.86 (hopefully 3.88 after this semester)
Credits completed: 71 (84 after this semester)
ECs: Phi Theta Kappa chapter president, math tutor

I’m definitely leaning toward Madison, but it’s a hard choice vs. UMN, which is like 15 minutes from where I live now and a bit less expensive for me.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on decisions!

@2016transferinte That’s what I’m thinking…

I was accepted on Friday as well to the College of Letters and Science. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Yeah I’m guessing all rejections will happen next week and if you didn’t get accepted Last Friday you’ll get rejected this Friday. What I’m curious about is did anyone get accepted into a college other than letters and sciences?

@TranferMinn I don’t think that’s necessarily true, if they plan to reject us why wouldn’t they have released it with the acceptances on Friday? I think it’s either because they haven’t reviewed our apps yet, or they feel we are in the middle ground of applicants who need further evaluation in order to decide.

You do have a point, But normally admissions sends decisions in waves. So all acceptances are one day and all rejections are another day. And last Friday was the acceptance day so the only thing to follow is rejection. I think it could also be the fact I didn’t apply to letters and sciences. Whatever though I’m expecting the worst…