UW Madison Fall 2016 Transfer Thread.

@Natalie278 and @TranferMinn I think that Natalie is correct. That is not the case. UW Madison along with many other schools will not have one day just for acceptances and one day just for rejections. I know people that have transferred in and some people that were admitted for freshmen admissions and they have never had one day for one decision.

Also, there will be some rejections but I do believe that they will accept a lot of applicants as well. They are on the low end of admissions because in recent years they have been very selective. Keep your heads up. Maybe some people go rejected Friday but may not use College Confidential. But again, I think that if we have not gotten postponed decisions we are either in the clear or not accepted.

@luckybadger24 @Natalie278 I agree I think the rest of us who haven’t heard are in the middle ground right now. Maybe something like 50/50 will get accepted rejected next week? Just be optimistic I guess…

I still haven’t heard anything. However, when I applied out of high school I received my denial very early in the process. (Highschool wasn’t too great but I’ve made a significant upward trend). I hope that all of us get in and I have hope that since it’s taking a little longer, it will go opposite from my hs decision.

Yeah you guys are probably right I’m just way too stressed about this after not getting in on Friday.

@TranferMinn keep your head up, bud!

Just wanted to say that I was also accepted on Friday! My stats were just average but I applied to business and was accepted into Letters of science.

Yeah I have to agree. It wouldn’t make sense to release only rejections or acceptances on one day. I’ve never heard of a university doing that before. @TranferMinn I know the waiting is hard, we are all feeling the stress, but believe in yourself, your application, and all the hard work you have done

Maybe it’s not even that we are the middle ground but because we applied later? When did you all who haven’t heard yet apply?? I didn’t apply until feb 14th and I didn’t have my highschool transcripts turned into them until late March (my high school like to make it difficult to get transcripts sent)

Could be! I applied January 12th and have not heard back yet. My starts are 3.66 GPA, Dean’s List, Biology Pre-Med and transferring from a private out of state school. I think we all still have hope! Keeping positive is key!

So far I didnt see anyone accepted to engineering yet. I suppose only certain majors are accepted on last fri? And some other this upcoming week?

Exactly! Who knows what is going on the the admissions building! It’s hard to stay optimistic this close to the deadline but I’m still feeling confident!:slight_smile:

I had all my stuff in by January 20th. I honestly thought that because I was accepted out of high school I would’ve been accepted by now.

@BlazeX yeah maybe! It could be for any number of reasons

I got accepted to uw madison for buisness on friday. If you have over 3.5 or above gpa then they wont even care about your academics they will just move on to your essays and etc. I know this because my uncle use to work there lol

I also didn’t hear back yet, it is obviously discouraging especially because everybody on here got accepted and is excited about it, I would be too if i got good news. At the same time, we will definitely get an answer in the upcoming week, probably Friday!!! We have to wait to see what happens then.

@kimismyname did your uncle give any other secret tips or how the decision works on their (admissions) end?

Is there any info about engineering?@kimismyname

Does UW-Madison offer scholarships to transfers?

@ady360 Did you use the net price calculator?

@ADY360 I don’t know of any automatic scholarships for transfer students but you can go to scholarships.wisc.edu and look at and apply for scholarships there.
Are you in state or out of state? There are probably more scholarships for in state students