Yes but no worries at least you’re in and can reapply @BladeX

anyone else still waiting?

Im also in!!! Way to go guys! Can’t wait to start this new adventure XDDDD

Denied
3.9 GPA with 57 credits
Honors club
Phi Theta Kappa
Work 25+ hours a week
And separately applied for and admitted to the School of Education elementary education major
Congrats to those who accepted :slight_smile:
Everyone who wasn’t, this isn’t the end, you will all still go on and do amazing things!!

Hi, I’m a freshman currently studying bme at Duke University, but due to financial issues I’m thinking of transferring. I was accepted into the college of letters and science as a bio major, but I applied into the college of engineering for bme. Does this mean i was denied from engineering and if so, can you still transfer over to the COE after starting in letters and science. Just for reference, I have a 3.425 gpa at Duke and had a 4.0 in high school ranked 3/300. I got a 32 on my ACT.

Congrats to everyone that got in and good luck for those that didn’t!

sounds like it is normal to get college of letters and science first and then in the spring semester you will actually transfer into COE

Denied :confused:

@Natalie278 I’m sorry. Keep your head up, I know it has got to be tough. Did they provide you with any justification?

@badgers27 They did not, don’t know if they ever do or not. Definitely sending in my current grades and see if it makes a difference. I’ve completed 42 credits in one year at an in-state school, with a 3.89 cumulative GPA here. With hopefully a 3.92 this semester and the credit load, Idk what else I can do to prove that my freshman year does not truly reflect who I am as a student. I got in for the summer so not everything is lost. And I believe I’ve gotten into the U of M (I’m in a weird limbo with them right now its hard to explain) so I do have options. But man…this was my first choice. Oh well.

I was rejected but I have a GPA about 3.8 this semester… Do you guys think if I can get a position if I talk with admission office?

@loveeee @Natalie278 There might be slim chances, but in your circumstances it seems that an appeal would definitely have merit. There’s information on appeals here (https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/apply/freshman/deadlines.php) my plan was to appeal if I was denied; remember that you only have 30 days after you were denied to submit your appeal. If the circumstances you described were true, including good semesters this spring, I think you’d have a shot, but obviously I’m no expert. Best of luck to you two!

So… am I still the only one who has not heard anything?

Applied to CoE but got into Letters and Science…

@kst7114 Thanks a lot!!!

@fgishsh4444 I haven’t heard back either

@loveeee how many credits did you take this semester?

Denied for the second time. I had the best gpa of my life and went to a great university but cannot seem to get into uw! Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to those still waiting!

Does anyone still waiting for result??? I still don’t get it… :frowning:

Okay this is going to sound really weird but anyone on the blog from Wisconsin, What was the math you took in 8th grade called? Was it like a sort of intergrated math or algebra 1 or?