UW Madison Fall 2016 Transfer Thread.

@nkeshvala did you receive your decision tonight?

On Good Friday (25th) that I was postponed

Question is is anyone admitted or did everyone get postponed or denied? Might sound like a ridiculous question, but really… Nobody said on here that they’re admitted…

Debating between enrolling at Whitewater and waiting…

yes @nkeshvala I want to know too too… I have yet to see one person say they were admitted, but if people have been admitted, I think it would be helpful to know who has and when.

I think the question is whether or not they sent out postponed decisions prior to the rest. Or people are being accepted and we are just a small enough population of applicants on this forum that almost all of us still have applications under review (like myself), if not definitive decisions, accepted or denied, may indeed not being released till late April.@abartalone @nkeshvala @Natalie278

I would go with the fact that they haven’t really sent any bulk of decisions prior to the ones last Friday. Considering people on this page applied at a variety of dates, and only one person has received a decision on this page. Could also be that our select applications are still under review, but at least we now know that decisions have gone out so ours should potentially be coming anytime now…

Its also a possibility a decision was made earlier than most because @nkeshvala is a guaranteed transfer

That is true and seems right!!!

can someone explain the guaranteed transfer because I thought I read somewhere that it doesn’t really exist anymore. Like is it for only the 2 year campuses in Wisconsin like Matc and Waukesha or is it for the 4 year campuses too?

@TranferMinn https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/apply/transfer/agreements.php

There was mention of the program being suspended, but when I discussed this with an admissions counselor she didn’t elaborate much. But the minimum GPA required is being raised.

"The contract for this program is under review and will be replaced with an updated agreement by May 2016. Students who enroll at one of the two-year colleges after the Fall 2016 semester will be subject to terms of a new transfer agreement currently being developed by UW–Madison.

Students (including international students) enrolled at one of the two-year colleges in the University of Wisconsin System, including the online program, as of the Fall 2016 semester will be eligible for transfer under terms of the existing Guaranteed Transfer Agreement (as articulated in the links provided below) with UW–Madison as long as they file a Declaration of Intent to Participate before earning their first 30 credits and no later than November 1, 2016. Other requirements include completing a minimum of 54 transferable credits, maintaining a cumulative 2.8 GPA, and earning at least a 2.0 GPA in the term before transferring." (wisc.edu)

https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/apply/transfer/agreements.php

Therefore for those who have enrolled in the program already (like myself) still follow through with the program.

interesting… I’m sure decisions will be rolling out soon, pretty sure they’re done admitting most of the freshmen class. So I’m guessing transfer decisions are soon.

Current requirements are as stated above:
(1) Sign and submit declaration of intent while enrolled at a UW Colleges institution prior to earning 30 credits
(2) Maintain a minimum 2.8 GPA (I have a 3.199 but was aiming for a 3.5 since I am trying to get into the BBA program)
(3) Must have taken 2 high school years of foreign language OR 2 college semesters
(4) 1 year high school or college of college preparatory mathematics
(5) Plane Geometry (one year high school or college)
(6) Algebra (1 year high school or college)
(7) Must have a 2.0 GPA or higher in the term prior to transferring

Here is the Declaration of Intent. UW Colleges’ students that enroll prior to the start of Fall will be able to follow through with current requirements. At the beginning of Fall the requirements may be modified.

http://uwc.edu/sites/uwc.edu/files/imce-uploads/admissions/transfer/_files/gtp-info-form-2010.pdf

It is important to note that the Guaranteed Transfer Program applies to the university admission and the university admission only. Individual programs within the institution have their own requirements (i.e. Pharmacy, Business, Engineering, etc.)

@nkeshvala there was a post in the spring 2016 transfer thread stating someone was unable to enroll due to the suspension of the program. Not saying that’s going to be the case with your admission, but it’s happened. And the GPA is going to be raised due to such a high amount of incoming transfers from MATC and other 2 year schools.

Ok I get how it works, but damn that GPA requirement is so low. Especially when 2 year colleges aren’t known to be academically rigorous compared to a 4 year UW school and then compared to a Big 10 like Madison.

History shows for both freshman and transfers that UW-Madison tends to send its admissions decisions on Fridays around 7pm CT. Theoretically, it could come at any moment, but that pattern seems likely to continue. I figure a lot more people will hear back tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

@Natalie278 I don’t think I will be denied, but if I do I don’t really mind because I still have UWW & UWM. I sent them 3 letters of recommendations (2 are UW alumni professors here), and after being postponed I asked another professor who knows me well and happens to have earned her PhD there as well.

I am considering enrolling elsewhere because of classes potentially filling up at the other 2 that already admitted me. Especially at UWM I have a feeling since they immediately admitted me and others some students must have their schedules set by now like other Juniors/Seniors.

What I don’t want is to wait, get denied, go to UWW or UWM and have the classes I want all filled. That’s really the only reason I have an issue with waiting, otherwise I’d have no problem.

It’s irritating with being postponed because if I was denied, I could have my schedule set somewhere else. If admitted, I could plan for SOAR. But being postponed I’m hesitant on paying the enrollment deposit elsewhere, but at the same time hesitant to wait…