UW Madison Spring 2016 Transfer Thread

@charvs96 I don’t have an answer for you but I’m really banking on getting accepted for Fall 2016 with a higher GPA. I’ve been to Madison twice now to just be on campus with a friend and I love the place. I really, really hope I get accepted for Fall 2016. I am currently working on my GPA and hoping it’s going to be significantly higher.

Which departments did y’all apply to? I bet a 3.6 in engineering is different than a 3.6 in letters and sciences.

@jixxx195 I am at MATC, so kinda. (It’s a tech college in Madison that has an agreement thing with UW schools) I’m from northern Wisconsin so it all confused me lol

@Bucky23 what is the minimum gpa that uw-madison asks for you? for me, the minimum is 2.8…and my overall gpa is 3.89 and get rejected.

@OverAcheivver intended major is art history and department is letters and science

@jixxx195 oh gosh I’m not even sure what the minimum GPA is. Can’t be 3.6. I was applying to the Elementary Education program.

For all who call in, please post what they tell you. I will as well.

I applied for Economics with a 3.56 and did not get accepted so frustrated

@Bella2611 are you in the UWC system?

@charvs96 they applied for spring and immediately appealed and got accepted

I Am an international student studying in Ilinois, how do you appeal ?

I believe you just email them and let them know but I’m not entirely sure. I think you can google UW madison appeal and it should be a page.

Huh, I was accepted into the college of engineering with a 3.92. Definitely appeal.

feel so bad right now!!! sleepless night. don’t know what to do next.

@BraxtonJ for the appeal do you have any tips of what I should say? I got straight As this semester so That shows a huge change in my academics so I’m thinking of showing them that. But do you know anything else that your friends told them that helped them get in?

EVERYONE- How many semesters/credits will you have completed after this CURRENT semester?

@BraxtonJ You appealed? Or someone else? (sorry I just got a little confused)

hey guys! what do you guys think what extra materials I should provide on my appeal letter?

Debating whether there’s any point in appealing in my case, my current semester I’m taking 18 credits in Chemistry, Math, Art History, Photography(for my major), and English, and hopefully will be getting a 3.89 for this semester(3.83 at the least), and joined another student org not included in my original application, totaling 3 for the semester. I suppose I could appeal by sending in my current semester’s final transcript, but I’m not sure how much of a difference it will make considering my cumulative GPA. But a part of me thinks I should try as hard as I can to get into my first choice school. Some of you definitely have some important reasons to appeal, make sure to include any info you may have forgotten in your original app!

@jixxx195 nop, I am an international student, currently enrolled in a community college in Illinois, I already have 45 credits