UW Madison Spring 2016 Transfer Thread

@Jemieur I’m an international student, but I’m taking college in the US.

Rejected, saw it coming. I have a 2.75 but that’s because I took a major that overwhelmed me. I currently have a 4.0 and will reapply for Fall. Hope they accept me. Also, I’m international too but I’m attending college in the US.

^In the same boat as you, 2.0 (soon to be a >2.5), had 4.0 last semester and a ~3.85 GPA currently with 18 credits. I hope they put as much weight on an upward trend as it seems they do :confused: If I do really well next semester I’m hoping I’ll at least stand a chance. My 35 ACT is all I have to show for my capabilities at this point, which is unfortunate considering its a high school test score and they don’t seem to account for it in transfer admissions. Trying to be optimistic :confused:

Rejected.
overall gpa 3.89
Strong recommendation letter
Everything meets the requirements
Plus, I even have a guaranteed transfer ( I am a student in UW-Richland center)
I don’t get why they reject me

@jixxx195 I dont get it too!!! What the hell!!!

Got accepted, but I had already been accepted before, had 3 strong recommendations, 3.7 gpa, extracurriculars and military background. I’d recommend appealing for anyone who got rejected. I know a few people that got accepted off appeal due to high gpa for that semester.

@z0zeng i am really pissed off. my advisor told me that if i had guaranteed transfer agreement, i can easily transfer to uw-madison. because minimum gpa that uw-madison asks for students who hold guaranteed transfer is 2.8.
it just does not make sense.

@BraxtonJ had they applied to the Spring term or Fall? I understand its more likely an appeal is accepted for Fall applicants than Spring applicants due to time constraints.
@jixxx195 how many credits have you earned?

@Natalie278 55 credits including this semester and my intended major is art history

does anyone with guaranteed transfer gets accepted?

Accepted! 3.92 GPA, 2 strong recs. In all fairness, I have hooks coming out the wazoo.

@overacheiver are you currently enrolled in other college and trying to transfer to uw-madison?

@jixxx195 Yessir. I’m already in the Wisconsin College system, so I’m hoping my credits will transfer easily.

EDIT: If it’s the term, “hooks,” that’s throwing you off, it’s because I’ve been spending too much time on this forum. ^^"

@OverAcheivver really??? well I am currently enrolled in UWC system as well and my overall gpa is 3.89…i don’t get why i am rejected…sigh…

Im going to appeal!!! And I will call them for feedback on Monday! I need a reason for this decision.

@z0zeng so am I. I told my advisor half minutes ago, and he said he will call the admission center on Monday.

@jixxx195 Dude, you should totally call them on Monday and ask about the guaranteed admission thingy.

Don’t beat yourself up until then, though. If you care this much, you’ll succeed wherever you go.

Did any transfer students not get accepted to uw Madison last semester and apply again this semester and get accepted? Do you think if I didn’t get accepted this semester if I bring my Gpa up substantially I have a chance next semester?

At the Dells right now. Just looked. Rejected at a 3.6. Bawling my eyes out. Weekend ruined.

@Bucky23 are you in the UWC system?