UW Madison Spring 2016 Transfer Thread

I can’t log into my student center. Can you guys do that? What happened?

Invalid record/field: UDERIVEDSF.USFGET1098TPB. (15,23)

The record/field specified in the page definition is invalid. Using Application Designer, change the record.field reference to a valid record and field reference.

Student center is shut down for maintenance @Jemieur .

New and late into this forum but I was also rejected. I was wondering, would it be worth calling and asking to get some feedback on the application and why it was not accepted? Has anyone done that? When it comes to applying again for fall, im having a hard time figuring out what would really change their minds besides boosting the gpa.

Just got an email

@zplan2 you could call or e-mail, I got an email describing my reasons!

Did they say specifically or just general ideas?

@zplan2 fairly specific in which areas I need to work on, but not course by course if that’s what you’re asking? They reply fairly quickly.

@Natalie278 Okay great, are you going to apply again for fall? Is it generally easier to transfer in at the beginning of the year? I would think so.

I just sent an email to ask about the reason they rejected me. I did not send anything to appeal. One of the counselor told me that my spring 2016 decision is final. It is totally unfair.

@zplan2 Yes, though I’m doubtful I will be accepted. And I believe more tranfer students are accepted in the fall based on stats but I could be wrong.

they told me my English competency is not at the level that they consider competitive and my courses lacked breadth. How’s your @Jemieur

@Bucky23 my friend appealed a year ago and got in. @charvs96 he basically gave them his grades for that semester and they were much better. They’ll never know your grades for this semester unless you appeal. Also any extracurriculars you may have joined since you applied. Stuff along those lines.

@z0zeng I lacked breadth the first time I applied. What I did was took 5 of the UW GER subject at Madison college (jr college) in Humanaties, Physical and Bio sciences an quantatative reasoning A and B. I got in right after that semester. Sometimes if you add breadth they’ll put you on hold to see what your grades will be at the conclusion of that semester.

With all your guys’ stats you have a great chance of getting in for the Fall :slight_smile: I believe you’ll all be able to get in next semester if you keep your GPAs going.

I am however curious of the outcome of the appeal for the person who was in the guaranteed transfer program…

I got denied cause of grade inconsistency. I will appeal just to see what happens. I got a 4.0 last spring and on my way to another 4.0 this semester. Do you guys think I should transfer from a CC to 4 year school (UIC) for spring and apply for fall at UW?

@z0zeng the counselor said I did not meet the pre business program, but I did meet the pre business program and I told her. Then she said the decision is final. End of the conversation.

Good luck to you all, both on the fall semester and in other schools. Congrats to all the others who made it in.

I have sent a appeal letter saying I will send my final transcript after my final done. Good luck to all of you guys.

Hi guys!
I sent them eamil to appeal yesterday.
I just check my application status in student center, and it says “We have received and are processing a request to reconsider your admission decision”.