UW-Madison vs UCSD

@KarunaMitra Hi, I’m not Indian-American but I do have several Indian-American friends here at UW. The Indian-American community is decently sized, and there are several active Indian-American student orgs. One of the big ones is ISA (Indian Students Association) which hosts a lot of social and cultural events, and serves as a launching pad for discovering other Indian/Asian student orgs. Notably, I remember they organized a big Holi celebration last year. I also know some people in a Bhangra dance group on campus. So, I think from a student life perspective, there are a lot of opportunities for your daughter to get involved with the Indian-American community.

If you want the best education in the best place go to the Midwest. You’ll have lifelong friends, a great education and 4 seasons. You should experience it all. SD has nothing on Madison. Sunshine 7 days a week! Look at the fall and spring…beautiful, look at how people gather for coffee on a cold morning before class…nothing like it.
The midwest is where you should go, don’t loose sleep over it start enjoying your decision!