Vaccine reluctance & General COVID Discussion

4 Likes

Matches 100% what weā€™ve seen on our travels from north to south, east to west. Even in our state two places can differ wildly.

The US definitely isnā€™t ā€œUnited.ā€

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a very accurate article. We arenā€™t close to
50% masking indoors in stores here. Iā€™d guess closer to 25%. Everything is packed, and honestly has been long before vaccines were around.

The big battle right now is masking in schools. New governor on his first day established an executive order saying all parents had the choice whether their kids masked or not. But during 2020 the state legislature passed a law saying schools had to follow CDC recommendations, and right now that is for everyone to be masked. Some school districts (most around us) are following the executive order, some are not and have filed suit. Hā€™s thankfully voted to keep masks in place since our numbers are still sky high, hospitals full, and low vax rates.

And of course, last I checked 1 in 190 have already died in my city from covidā€¦

2 Likes

pretty much everyone is masked in stores in our state, due to state regs. Yes, its a Blue State, but still has millions in a other party, and they are following the rules too unless they are hermits. (based on my anecdotal looks around stores.)

5 Likes

My area of San Diego is 100% masked indoors. I went to Trader Joeā€™s the other day and a young woman walked in without a mask carrying a toddler. The store manager walked right over to her and gave her a mask and she put it on. No confrontation at all.

6 Likes

So true!

If a state wants to act like there is no pandemic, then fineā€¦but donā€™t come to my state!

3 Likes

I was at the San Diego Zoo yesterday for an hour to see the new exhibits and about half the people were wearing masks at all times, even on the Skyride. Most exhibits are outdoors. I only went inside once to the new Hummingbird exhibit (screened walls so air flow) and one youth there with his mom had the mask under his nose. I asked him to raise it and he did.

Grocery stores in my area are about 99% compliance with masking.

5 Likes

ā€œThe US definitely isnā€™t ā€œUnited.ā€ā€

By design. Itā€™s that ā€œlaboratories of democracyā€ thingy. (Justice Louis Brandeis)

2 Likes

Yā€™all are making me really envious.

Might help, no harm, and many at least acknowledge that fact!

Here local politicians have burned masks and school board meetings are atrocious if the subject comes up. Grocery stores have maybe 10% wearing masks. Maybe. Employees were annoyed when management told them to go back to masking - and this when we were the 2nd worst county in the state for new cases with the worst one right next door - likely sending shoppers to this store.

As I said before, in early Jan when I went into school for some paperwork, people in the office were talking about a mom and an uncle (of students) who had died within the past two weeks (Christmas season), but everyone was still unmasked.

The level people care varies a ton in this country.

The town where my gym is located is voting on a mask mandate this week. Itā€™s a small gym and never crowded. Ugh. I donā€™t mind wearing a mask in general, but itā€™s tough during a workout when my glasses fog up.

1 Like

About 10% wear masks and my guess is they have Covid currently or are within the 10 days.

My state (MD) no longer has a state wide mask mandate but my county does, as do several of the adjacent counties. The mandate had been lifted at some point when our numbers were low, and at that point, it was probably 50/50 people wearing masks indoors, but we have a high vaxx rate here as well. Then as omicron hit, more and more people were masking voluntarily. The mandate was reinstated when omicron was soaring and the places I shop there is nearly full compliance.

We have peaked here with our positive percentage and hospitalizations dropping significantly.

1 Like

We live in a highly vaxxed blue state and we have the opposite assumptionā€”those who are vaccinated tend to wear masks when asked and those who are anti-vax anti-mask are those who defiantly do not.

BIL who is anti-vax went to rural TN in December to be among ā€˜his kind of peopleā€™. Drove home with COVID, spent a week in the hospital with very nasty pneumonia, was VERY lucky. Now that heā€™s home, instead of realizing the bullet he just dodged and getting vaccinated, heā€™s on a ā€œFauci is the evil cause of COVIDā€ campaign.

1 Like

Same here and itā€™s not just an assumption among those I know. Theyā€™ll freely talk about it - both ways, masking and not. I guess itā€™s an assumption about those I donā€™t know.

I wonder if this is the reason that ā€œvaccinatedā€ people end up in the ICU?
Nurses made $1.5 million from fake vaccination cards: prosecutors - pennlive.com

The nurses also entered the information in the stateā€™s database.

1 Like

despicable

5 Likes

Iā€™ve thought the same thing about vaxxed in the hospital for Covid - and really glad they caught them. Hopefully any others doing similar things will also be caught.

1.5 million for 220 A + 85 C = a LOT of fake vaxxes out there.

If they can tell us what A + C = we can do the math for a rough guess on how many of each.

ETA 1,500,000/220 (if they were all adults) would mean > 6,800 people.

You are one 0 off :slight_smile: Itā€™s 6,800.

2 Likes

Ah thanks. I started with 15,000,000 instead of 1.5 million. I went back and edited. Thatā€™s at least far more believable. It was sad thinking that many people would willingly circumvent the system. 6800 is bad enough.

I wonder how many others out there are doing the same thing in NY and elsewhere.

2 Likes