Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

So I guess if we don’t receive a package from MOSAIC in the next few days then we aren’t gonna be invited :confused:

I think, that MOSAIC was sent 2 day UPS. Meaning, that you should have received it yesterday (Friday) as they were sent out Wednesday.

so i am confused, we didnt apply for any aid or scholarships, so was these set of acceptances only who applied for aid or scholarships, or it could be anyone from the RD pool?

What you are hearing now is MOSAIC from the RD pool. It can be anyone - there is not an application for this. It is a multicultural program and Vandy typically selects a low number of RD applicants to be invited to a MOSAIC program event. It used to be a fly in, but now will be a virtual event. The invitees usually have ties to a multicultural community. When the students are invited they also get their acceptance to Vandy too. Many that are chosen for the MOSAIC may have applied for the Chancellors scholarship and are notified at that time.

Mosaic and scholarships are different. Mosaic you are invited. Scholarships you apply for. Looks like some mosaic invitees were also awarded scholarships as well so they find out about acceptance before the regular decision release date.

Any rumors on when RD decisions will come out? All we’ve heard is by April. When were they released last year…although everything is so different this year.

The March 23 last year

1 Like

Yeah, I applied to Vaderbilt cuz it was in the top 15 lol. I’m not sure if I’ll need aid cuz I’m so broke, but my momma was like "u got a colorful package " and when I saw the VU on it, I was like, “These colleges are so thristy.” I get a lot of junk mail from my local schools, but when I opened it up, I was genuinely surprised to see all of the gear from Vaderbilt. I applied RD, so RD folks are definitely getting the packages. I wish the other 14 schools would reply. This wait is getting awful! Wish me luck! I’m aiming for Princeton. Kinda feel like a ■■■■■■ for not applying to the scholarships, but I low-key didn’t know about vaderbilt until the first of January :skull:. They said the decisions coming out on the first in the letter for those of you who are waiting.

What’s so special about Mosiac?

They said April 1st is when the packets should arrive and all that good stuff. I attached a pic of what it looks like so ya know…I think.

20210228_231749|666x500

Ahh, I see. Thanks for that! Very insightful.

Will Vanderbilt send MOSAIC invitees emails of their acceptance? Thanks!

Nope. They won’t say a thing anywhere.

No Mosiac box here either. Trying to keep the faith for an admission in March. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

MOSAIC is only for URMs and rural students, right? So it wouldn’t be too worrying if one from a city / ORM does not get one?

My daughter got notified last Friday
We are in the suburbs , not URM
She did get the Chancellors scholarship so I think that’s why she was invited .

2 Likes

oh, I see. I didn’t apply for any scholarship

any chance the CV comes out this friday?

Wait what CV Scholarship might come out this Friday? Where have you heard that?? I’m nervous

in the past, it has come out within the first two weeks of march so i’m hoping for this friday but i have no idea!

1 Like

so the Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship result will be notified by email ? or via the portal ?