Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My D18 is anxiously awaiting RD decisions for engineering at the end of March (will be a long wait). Does Vanderbilt have any social media threads where they send out official Admission updates?
MY D18 hasn’t been offered a interview yet and is still hopeful she’ll see a positive response.

Vanderbilt is typically late March for RD decisions last year it was 3/25. All RD decisions come on the same day.

Last year they sent an email the day before to alert students that the decision would be posted the next day.

My daughter just received some kind of update letter saying she would hear from them soon? She stated some kids that were already accepted ED1 got it too so I have no idea what that means

prob cuz she’s being considered for mosaic

Is she ED2?

Has anyone else received an email?

My guess is that these emails are for those who are about to get good news about merit scholarships.

2 Likes

I also received the email. The email begins with something like this:

Thank you for your interest in Vanderbilt University.

Vanderbilt is located in the heart of [Nashville]—a city known for its friendly people, thriving economy, and world-renowned music scene. Nashville defies expectations and captivates the hearts of people from around the country and the world. Undergraduates at Vanderbilt balance a world-class education with a vibrant social scene in a city unlike any other.

Soon you will receive additional information from our office, but in the meantime, use any of these resources to learn about Vanderbilt from a variety of perspectives:

Does this email mean anything? I thought it’s just a regular advertisement email.

2 Likes

I got the email but I don’t think I applied to any of the merit scholarships because I missed their deadlines. Or are we automatically entered for other merit scholarships?

Same for my daughter.

I just asked my son so search his email and he got that email in June 2019. So, I don’t know.

1 Like

No, she’s RD

Yes that’s what she received as well.

Are you a URM? You don’t have to apply (I don’t think) to be considered for Mosaic.

My son didn’t get the email… guess he is rejected. That’s too bad this is his top choice.

This does not mean he’s rejected. I’m sure they are still reading RD apps. It’s only 2/13. When S19 applied, the scholarship recipients found out in Feb and I think that’s what this is. There are very very few Cornelius Vanderbilt, etc, merit scholarships to be had.

So you think merit scholarships are a done deal at this point :confused:

It’s possible. Or maybe that email only went to Mosiac candidates which are for low income, URM or first generation students.

I don’t think that means rejected. Like I said my son got the same email June 2019 when he wasn’t a senior and hadn’t even applied.

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement.